How do you think I'll do??!

JennDee
on 5/2/11 1:37 am
Hey kiddos, I need some feedback. I will be sleeved on May 11th...woohoo the countdown is on!! So, here's what I'm worried about and it may sound totally silly. I live a little over 2 hours from the hospital I am having surgery at, I expect to stay one night in hospital and come home right after discharge. My parents are coming with me and of course driving me home. My biggest worry is that the ride home with be horrible. I'm worried about pain and gas and nausea...oh my!
I've had this images of being stuck in dead traffic on the highway, yikes. I've done the trip a million times and have yet to incounter a traffic jam but my mind is running wild.
So, do you guys think I'll be okay?? I was instructed to stop and walk 2 or 3 times on the way home or more if needed. Let's hope it's not a bumpy ride. Let's hope for my parents sake I don't have too much gas, hahahaha.

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

Mandi E.
on 5/2/11 1:40 am - Kissimmee, FL
I just had my surgery on the 28th. I live about an hour from the hospital. I did have gas in the car on the way home, but it doesn't smell because it's the gas they pump into you. I didn't have any nausea or anything. Make sure you get your pain meds right before you leave. That will help you get through it. If you can stop and walk do it. Walking will help with everything. I'm on day four and a completely off my pain meds!! Good luck you'll do great!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/2/11 1:45 am - LA
Glad you're doing well, Mandi! Hoping to be doing good myself after my surgery. How much were you able to lose pre-op? That's been my biggest thing... I'm hoping to be able to lose at least 10 pounds before my surgery on May 25....curse this pre-op diet!!!!!!!!!!!  
Mandi E.
on 5/2/11 1:48 am - Kissimmee, FL
I lost about 28lbs preop! You can do it girly!!  
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pinkypromise93
on 5/2/11 1:41 am
I'm pre-op, but I have heard to travel with a pillow to cushion your tummy. Hope that helps! Good Luck! Wish you the best!

msshellwillis
on 5/2/11 1:42 am
I was 1.5 hours away from home. The bumps were the only problem. I came home on a Saturday at lunch time. No traffic issues on the interstate or highway. Really only had pain getting in/out car and hitting bumps.
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me!

HW (1/1/2011): 382. SW (4/15/2011): 357. CW (03/29/2012): 275.
                                                Sleeved on 4-15-11                

disabled_nurse
on 5/2/11 2:18 am - Bogalusa, LA

wear big comfy clothing, and pillow to hold against your stomach when u hit bumps, i lived 1 1/2 hrs from my hospital. Just be sure they give you your pain meds right before u leave hospital. Girl don't worry about gas, you will be so glad to get it out............... ;o) You're going to do great! Be prepared for the greatest journey of your life.                           

NoEscape21
on 5/2/11 3:16 am - Apopka, FL
you can do it! Just take pain meds before you go and I bet it will last most the drive.

I totally feel you on this. Im scared of the flight home from Cali as well as trying to get to my connecting flight --though I already have the airline giving me a wheel chair and wheelin my ass to the next flight hehe !  Once I get to the gate I may walk around then, just don't want to run around across the airport pulling my bag behind me. no bueno.

that plus they let peeps in wheelchairs etc on first...

We are going to do amazing. first off we are both Jenn's and secondly we are date twins so ... we are just awesome. that probably isnt reason enough to say so...but I am going with it :P

We actually have a few others with our date too that are pretty awesome OH peeps.
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

countrygolden
on 5/2/11 3:53 am - Amboy, WA
 I was 4 hours from where I had my surgery and I came home the day after.  We just made sure to stop every hour so that I could get out a walk a bit and made sure I drank fluids along the way. You might want to bring a pillow to rest against your tummy for the ride but I think you'll do fine. Best wishes to you!

Starting Weight-228.6, SW-221.4, CW-173 GW-125
PaulaS
on 5/2/11 4:24 am - TX
I live about 3.5 hours away from my hospital.   I was sleeved on Wednesday AM and was discharged on Saturday noon and came home from there and had no problems at all.   Like the others said, I took one last shot of pain medicine right before I left, put a pillow between me and the seat belt and did fine.   I did get out and walk a couple of times, too.  
Good luck !

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views