So Obsessed!!!

breekahouse
on 5/2/11 5:26 am
Hi everyone. 

I just wanted to get something off of my chest and not many people IRL can relate to what I am feeling.

So I have lost a bunch of weight.  At a little over a year out, I am still losing, though not as fast as before.  I love how I have progressed and I am looking forward to dropping about another 40lbs but when I look in the mirror at my saggy tummy and thighs, I realize that another 40lbs will not make that much of a difference in regard to hanging skin.

Ideally, I would love have have the works done; arms, tummy, boods, butt, thighs...the works...but I would but estatic if I was just able to get my tummy done.  Can I afford it?  Nope!!  I am I willing to go into debt for it? Not sure....  I may be able to have insurance cover a panni but I am almost certain that it wouldnt be enough to my liking.

I dont know....I want plastics so bad and I have found myself doing bits of research almost every day.  In know there are lots of things that need to happen before I can get it done, but I am just driving myself crazy with this obsession!

Just had to vent.....
SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
Sunkissedsgrho
on 5/2/11 5:48 am - LA

First of all, your weight loss status is awesome! I cannot wait to join you! And sagging skin...I know it sounds crazy, but I'll be glad when I get to that point! LOL Did you exercise during your weight loss? I plan to work out as much as possible and walk to push the weight loss along. I'm hoping that will help me with the extra skin, too.
Now, when I get to that point, I will probably go into MORE dept (I'm paying cash for my VSG) so that I can complete the look I'm going for. My thoughts are why stop at the weight loss? I want to be proud of my body for a change, not that I'm going to be walking around half naked, but when I do take my clothes off, I want to be happy with what I'm going to achieve. Of course, the choice is yours and yours alone. And venting is cleansing! We all need a good ear sometimes!

PS. what kind of things did you do to have the weight loss you've had? You've done a great job! Hoping to have great results, too!

breekahouse
on 5/2/11 6:03 am
Thanks, Sunkissed!

I must admit, I didnt exercise much at all at first.  Actually, I have only been exercising regulary for a couple of months (and not as much as I should/could be doing).  I realize that is that my skin issues could be much better if I had been exercising from the very beginning but, I would definitely still have hanging skin regardless.

Dont get me wrong, with and without clothes, I look and feel 100% better than i did a year ago but, I just want to have a flat tummy for once in my adult life.  I have no idea how that feels.

Thanks for lending me your "ear"!
SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
NoEscape21
on 5/2/11 5:59 am - Apopka, FL
Ive decided that i can live with extra skin on my arms and thighs (they arent too bad anyways) but am hoping a few years out from surgery to be able to afford a tummy tuck and breast reduction/lift. I feel both you. I get so excited seeing peoples results after plastics. one day... but gotta be patient. I believe if you really want something, you will find a way. Going into debt, i hope not to...im financing my surgery, but it will be completely paid off in less than 2 years, maybe I might do the same for that surgery but we shall see.
  Unicorns fart rainbows and magic!              HW:272 SW:260 GW:120
 Blog:  Weighed Down: A blog about becoming a former fat girl
Youtube: 
No Escape's Channel Join: The Pin -Up Girls: Vixens in progressLilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 7:34 am
You have done a great job!  WOW!!!!!!

I would say that you should wait until you have lost down to a maintainable weight and, then have the surgery.  You have lost a lot, and I can imagine you are in a hurry to looks as good as possible.  BUT, you and I both know that 40 pounds is going to make a difference in your body shape.  If you have that surgery now, you might just find yourself with as much hanging skin as you have now.

Best wishes, no matter what you decide,
Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 10:32 am
I'm not far enough along to even think about it, but I am.  165 pounds down and all I can think is I can't wait to get rid of this gut.  My surgeon already advised me to at least wait another year or so at least until I stabilize.

I just fit into a size 38 pair of slacks, That's about 8 sizes smaller than I used to wear, I would easily fit into a 36 or 34 w/o it.  

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm obsessed, but I bet in another six to nine months I might be singing a different tune.  I hope to have my insurance cover it, if not I will put the max I can on my pre-tax flex medical card and look at my 401K...this is the one reward I will give myself...it's just a matter of WHEN and HOW.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 155 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 428 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 446 views