Fell off the wagon (sort of)....

5gruwells
on 5/4/11 1:58 am - Petersburg, VA
Well, I've been playing with the same 3lbs since CHRISTMAS!!!!  And it's my fault - I'm only halfway doing what I'm supposed to.  Those nasty little carbs have snuck back in, I'm not measuring - just eyeballing, and I'm not keeping a journal.

Not looking for a shoulder to cry on or even support really, just needed to put it in writing to help me "own" it.  Maybe this will help me kick myself in the pants and get back on the wagon that I love so much :)

" A fool with a tool is still a fool....."

Jac0913
on 5/4/11 2:32 am - TX
I commend you for "owning" it, being honest with yourself and getting back to the basics.  

I wish you all the best!! 
Height: 5'7 / HW: 223 / CW: 180 / GW: 145
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy | Surgery date: April 12, 2011 | Dr. Nick Nicholson

Smardeepants
on 5/4/11 6:12 am
Well said, I couldn't agree more!

faylavi
on 5/4/11 4:28 am - Laurel, MD
That damn wagon has been the topis of discussion lately.  I am reinforcing mine as we speak...type.

I am confident you will be fine!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

sublimate
on 5/4/11 4:48 am - San Jose, CA
What I do is pre-make large batches of low carb/calorie, healthy food to eat, and keep that with me at all times. I am a volume/grazer eater too, and I have to set firm boundaries about what I put in my mouth. One bite is too many and a thousand bites are never enough.

So every time I get the urge I just shove more healthy food in my sleeve, even if it means I am eating 12 small mini meals of chicken salad or similar all day long.

Eventually as you detox from the bad stuff your appetite will normalize and the cravings will go away, but being prepared and stuffing with low carb/calorie foods helps b/c you have no room for the bad stuff.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

jennkitt
on 5/4/11 5:02 am - MI
"One bite is too many and a thousand bites are never enough"  I love this, so true!

Jenn
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

amytang81
on 5/4/11 12:48 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
I know some people on here does not like to hear things like this but its true that wagon is hard to get back on. Sometimes our minds are stronger than our desires. I have been extremley good but (and there is always a BUT) I have reviewed my diary and noticed that almost every day in the last two weeks I have had some type of sugar. Sugar was my weakness before surgery and still my weakness. I plan on getting back on track now but I understand how little things will slide back into your diet and you do not realize until the scale moves slowwww then you look and its in black and white. Three bites of ice cream or a fun size MM's....or something.

Good luck I know its not the easiest thing.
 ~~~Amy~~~        
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views