Yay! One week post op!

SpiceyMom
on 5/5/11 1:37 am
VSG on 04/28/11 with
Woke up feeling great! Did a three mile walk video (Leslie Sansone, not too strenuous), getting in lots of liquids already, clothes starting to fit more loosely (still need to lose more before I'm out of them, though), and finally, finally, finally...the scale moved! I showed a gain for a few days post op, then down a few ounces, now finally down 6 lbs since surgery. Thankfully, I had been reading OH about people having this same trajectory so I didn't panic, although I did measure myself and was noticing the decreases, which was nice. Oh, and I haven't been hungry yet. Don't know what that means but it makes the clear liquids easier to swallow (ha ha).

Basically, I'm just elated to be feeling this great post op! You never know how it will work out for you but so far, so good.
Mom to 8, looking forward to a healthy future!         
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 1:42 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
You are doing so great! Heck, I was in the ER a week post op and it seems already like a distant memory, and def all worth it! Glad to hear all is well! Keep going, girl! I confess I really need to be consistent with my exercise! Still a bit tired but hopefully have labs at my 8 wk check up on Monday.

Bet the kids are so glad to have you home!
Mandi E.
on 5/5/11 1:47 am - Kissimmee, FL
I'm so happy for you Spicey!! I can't believe it's been a week either!! I need to get in more exercise but I'm so happy!! xoxo 
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

felicity2u
on 5/5/11 1:54 am - LA
Congratulations, so glad that you are doing well.  Isn't it the best thing you have ever done for yourself?  Keep up the good work and keep rockin' that sleeve!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

KrisJ77
on 5/5/11 2:01 am - TX
YAY!! It's all down hill from here!! Just remember when you finally get to eat - chew chew chew then chew some more!!!  Hugs!!! Kris

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views