TMI-but serious question

Lisa S.
on 5/8/11 8:08 am - TX
OK- I am so sorry to post this, but I have a weird and gross question....

I had my VSG on 4-26 and I have been doing pretty well. Anyway, I bought some of the crystal light fruit punch, and have been drinking that all day today. You know the old saying, liquid in, liquid out...well you get my drift here...but I just had diaherra and the toilet was full of red. At first, I was freaking out, thinking I had blood in my stool. Now, I am trying to talk myself down and say it is the dye in the punch.

Has anyone noticed that their stool turns red when drinking the fruit punch? I of course will call the doctor tomorrow, but I just want to put my mind at ease, if it really is nothing.

I tried to do a search on bloody stool, and none of what I found matched what I have experienced.

I will feel so silly for posting this if it is nothing, but relieved! lol

USAF Wife
on 5/8/11 8:11 am
Wait until you drink some blue green or orange sugar free powerade or gatorade. . . Then you get the Pea**** poops.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Lisa S.
on 5/8/11 8:12 am - TX
Ohhhhh-so I really shouldn't worry? lol

Pea**** poop sounds better than bright red! :D
USAF Wife
on 5/8/11 8:14 am
I didn't worry about the vast colors of the rainbows that were shooting out of the poop chute. . .

Lisa S.
on 5/8/11 8:16 am - TX
You're going to cause me to bust my incisions open. I'm laughing so hard. First for my ridiculous post, second for your rainbow poop....and its chute.

My side is hurting from laughing so hard.
USAF Wife
on 5/8/11 8:18 am
Kind of puts a new spin on "blowing sunshine and rainbows out your ass" don't it? ? ?

Believe me, I amazed at what color the water changed when I added in one of those blue drop ins that make the water blue. . . Ha ha ha

mickidee23
on 5/8/11 8:12 am
That punch is really dark red, I'm pretty sure that's all it is. When I had to do the 24 hr fast and clean out the day before surgery I had red jello and then red runs.
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

Lisa S.
on 5/8/11 8:14 am - TX
Woo hoo! I feel better now. Yes, it is really bright red, but I was so tired of the lemonade an pink lemonade. So---I tried the fruit punch and liked it so much, I got more liquids in than I my minimum requirement...the FIRST time since surgery...so I'll deal with red in and red out. lol
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 9:09 am - CA
What a fun thread. And yes, my toilet often looks like a bag of skittles fell into it.

CATCH THE RAINBOW!
Lisa S.
on 5/8/11 9:15 am - TX
LOL! Oh my!!! Well, I can cross off getting a date from this forum! I've put information out there that I am sure noone wanted to hear!

Catch the rainbow!!!
Most Active