NSV & A GREAT CLEANING TIP

johnbertak
on 5/10/11 3:22 am - MD
Down 127 lbs. in less than 6 mos., I'm experiencing NSVs on a regular basis, and today I noticed something that may seem ordinary, but to me it's a big deal.  Wifey and I share "domestic duties" and today I decided the bathrooms needed a major cleaning. Well, all the bending, stretching, mopping, wiping, polishing, etc., took about the same amount of time, but I barely broke a sweat; in fact, I just feel "warmed up" for the day.  Going to grab the grandkids now and teach them how to paint bird-houses; then I'll do some yard work, take a shower, make a spinich salad to go w/wifey's delicious salmon for dinner - and then go to T-ball game.  Energy abounds for this 65-year-old!

The cleaning tip?  My contractor told me when he put in a new "giant" shower for us several years ago:  To keep your shower doors sparkling, once you clean them, use Rainex (for auto/truck windows) on the doors - it repells soap scum and makes keeping the glass clean super easy.
Pop-Pop

chrissycookit
on 5/10/11 3:26 am - Rensselaer, NY
yay John that is awesome...so proud of you....hey thanks for that tip....I have glass doors....what do you clean them with?? which cleaner do you like best.

johnbertak
on 5/10/11 4:05 am - MD
Cleaner? Windex/Glass Plus/Vinegar-water, actually any cleaner is good - trick is the Rainex AFTER the cleaner - then soap scum can't attach to "pits" in glass. 
Pop-Pop

carabarnes
on 5/10/11 5:00 am
127lbs! Congrats... and thanks for the Rainex tip! I'll be using that one!

Cara 
current weight 123
I'm 28 and 5'5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views