HGH Diet

browls0
on 5/10/11 1:57 pm
Has anyone combined their sleeve with any other diet trends like the HGH diet to maximize results quicker? I was thinking about doing it because I want to lose more than 2-3 lbs per week and these talk like you can lose like a pound everyday. I have a wedding I am in on June 18 and a 10-year class reunion on August 20 and I would really like to get this off as fast as I can. I am already working out with cardio and resistance 5 times per week and carbs are always below 50, but usually lower, sometimes in the 20s on some days, and calories are usually about 800 per day. What about green tea pills? Anyone have any weight-loss maximizing secrets?
- Autumn

bursonc
on 5/10/11 2:57 pm
be very careful with HGH;  it works great, but again... like most others... the weight comes back on ... and more;  you must drink enormous amounts of water to flush out the fat; also... if there have ever been any cancer cells or precancerous cells found... or the possibility of... it throws those into overdrive;
Also... lots of scams right now with HGH.
(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 8:20 pm
I know a couple of people (non WLS patients) who did that and had good results with it, and have kept it off thus far.

But.

It's advantageous for non modified folks because the it helps keep their hunger in check.  They eat the same diet as a WLS patient, low fat, low carb, high protein, and a LOT of water.  From my understanding the hormone or whatever is an aid for hunger control.  We already have that hunger control aid, especially for the first 6 to 12 months.

You've had awesome results looking at your ticker, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable throwing any curveballs at my body to be perfectly honest.  Their super fast weight loss is just like our initial month...for us a pound a day is not uncommon for the first month...they go in cycles of 4 or 6 weeks and their body freaks out so much they have similar results...then they cycle off for x number of weeks, and possibly repeat again.

So...I would be hesitant to do it.  Not sure what the advantage would be, sounds like your diet is awesome and you're doing great.  I would just continue to make sure you're drinking so much liquid you feel like a fish and be sure that your resistance training is geared towards weight loss/toning and not mass building.  But as always, run it by your surgeon, but I think you could spare your body the additional freak out.  

Keep us updated on what you decide/feedback from surgeon, and your experience.  And whatever you decide good luck and keep up the good work.

browls0
on 5/11/11 12:05 am
Thanks, sleevedup! I think I would consider it because it is supposed to activate and mobilize fat stores in the body and burn them for fuel, and sometimes I still do need help with my hunger - not like before, though! I probably will not be asking my surgeon. He is in Mexico and I have not spoken with him since the day before I stepped foot off Mexican soil to go home! So he probably doesn't care! I have been on my own, and with all of you guys on here.

It's good to hear that you think I'm doing well! How do I know if my resistance training is geared toward toning and not mass? I use the machines, and I usually do 3 sets of 8 on about everything.
- Autumn

Kim_M
on 5/10/11 10:50 pm - LaPorte, TX
I agree with the above post!!A friend of mine is doing it she gets 500 cal a day.Thats about what I do .

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
browls0
on 5/10/11 11:59 pm
Wow? Just 500 cals/day?? That's pretty much impossible and get your protein in! How do you do it? What is a sample menu day for you? By the way, my hunger is not gone like some other people's and when I eat that little I also stay very hungry.
- Autumn

Kim_M
on 5/11/11 1:51 am, edited 5/11/11 1:55 am - LaPorte, TX
Protien shake dessert  3xs a day 21gram  protein each serving. I eat very little couple oz at a time.Gnc Vitamin liquid gross but all minerals and vitamins. This is what I do not recommending just what I do .Drink all day I have no problem with fluids.You probably have head hunger it feels real.You are close to my date.Give your body time . Remember the more you have to lose the faster inital I think  dont compare yourself to others your body will get u there!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
(deactivated member)
on 5/11/11 2:02 am, edited 5/11/11 2:14 am
Think about it- if it really REALLY worked, wouldn't big pharma companies be all over it like flies on honey?? With all the other weight loss drugs, etc that they've jumped on, this would be a goldmine, if it worked..

Carmelita
on 5/10/11 11:58 pm - Four Corners, NM
You've just assaulted yer body in a major way with VSG....and yer already looking into ways to get weight off even faster, and assault it MORE? 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views