A Real-Life Case Study of One Person's Complications for those Considering WLS

glmglb
on 5/12/11 8:14 am
VSG on 04/21/11 with
 Wow! I have had my surgery but still find this scary. if you don't mind me asking...how were you feeling in general. Did you feel off or ill the whole time? My surgeon didn't conduct any type of leak test and frankly not happy about that. He says he is confident no one he has done has had a leak and I am living on that confidence.

Goodbye 320's - Done
300's - Done
290's - Done
280's  -Done
270's
260's
250's
240's
230's
220's
200's

momokc
on 5/12/11 8:25 am
 CidGrad, 
 I am so thankful that you are still alive and that things are finally looking up!  One of the reasons that I had VSG is because it is the safest of all surgeries however this just proves that as someone said 1% of people have problems and we all need to know that.  I am truly sorry that 1% was YOU! 
I am thankful that you are doing better and hopefully have the worst behind you now.  

I will add you to my pray list.  Please keep us posted.  We love you and care about you! 

Granny, 

MS.LISA
on 5/12/11 9:38 am - Salem, OR
Oh my!!! My hart goes out to you, Geeeze, thank God for looking after you in a time of need.
I will pray for you.

Bruce S.
on 5/12/11 9:48 am - Portland, TN
I too appreciate your sharing this.  Keep up your spirits and keep the faith.  You are wining.
kimberly_gr
on 5/12/11 9:51 am
I'm so glad you're finally on the road to doing better.  I can't even imagine going through everything that you have.
Kim
5'0"
"In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet."  Erma Bombeck

chinasl45
on 5/12/11 11:42 am - Harrisburg, PA

It sounds like you are finally on your way to recovery! God is good!

PSW 268 and Height is 5'10, SW was 241.6, GW is 170, CW is 160   

Crabadams72
on 5/12/11 12:39 pm - Silver Spring, MD
((((Hugs))))
You have really had a tough time with this. I do think all things happen for a reason though. You sharing your experience allows us to really comprehend the risks associated with this procedure. Thank you for sharing and stay positive dawg!
Crunchy As Can Be
on 5/13/11 1:27 am - NY
Thank you very much for posting this-- it really is something that people should all consider when opting to undergo surgery for any reason.

Abdominal weight loss surgery (even if it's laproscopic) isn't hangnail surgery-- it's a big deal and people should read more of the true risks as in your case, to be fully informed before they take the plungs.

Prayers for your continued recovery.
 ~~Emily~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views