Home and Sleeved!!! And...a little confused

JennDee
on 5/12/11 7:37 am

So, I was sleeved yesterday morning and released from the hospital a few hours ago. Everything went well, I had some nausea and vomiting issues but other than that this has been a breeze for me. I feel so grateful for that. So, here's the thing...I'm flipping starving!!!! I had some water, crystal light, chicken broth and jello....trying to get it all in was no easy task.
Did any of you feel hungry after surgery, still wanting food but knowing you can't have it nor would you want to as it would make you sick?? Is this just that nasty head hunger?? My father was just eating pasta and I swear I had to leave the room I was so jealous.
Am I normal??

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

Momof2Sweeties
on 5/12/11 7:44 am - NJ
Congratulations, you sound in good spirits..I was not hungry nor had any appetite after surgery...still don't have an appetite, I eat just because I know my body needs it. Is it head hunger or real hunger pains you are feeling.

Shannon

MELMEL308
on 5/12/11 8:23 am - PA
CONGRATS JENNDEE!! I'm no expert..Monday is my day, but what i read a few times is that the acid makes you think you are hungry or something like that... did the doctor give you stuff for acid?
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
sportsmom3
on 5/12/11 8:41 am - Battle Creek, MI

In the beginning, I wanted to eat..it wasn't necessarily that I was hungry, but just wanted to taste food!  I almost chewed up food only to spit it out, but I restrained myself for fear of swallowing something I shouldn't.  Also, I have heard that for some people, it takes a while for the hunger hormone to be completely gone from the body.  And like the previous poster wrote, the acid can make you feel hungry.  You are supposed to drink...all the time...non stop, so make sure you are doing that and hopefully it helps!!

Good luck!!

HW 340; SW 304
sldierswife
on 5/12/11 9:21 am
I was sleeved on Tuesday and just seeing food makes me ill. I am trying to get in my protein, hard when you don't want to swallow anything.
Hopefully I will get my protein and water in.
 HW 298 SW 281

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views