OMG......now???

Amy B.
on 5/12/11 1:14 am - East Jordan, MI
Just went to my pre-op appts yesterday (surgery is Monday, the 16th)...everything on track i.e. weight loss from liquid diet, tests all good, etc.  So, today, my dumb ass goes and does what?  Eats a piece of pizza!  I cannot believe that I did this.  I'm anxious, nervous, scared ****less about electively having most of my stomach removed and then screwing the whole thing up for lack of self control.  Of course now it all may be moot because my liver will be too big to operate!  This negative self talk stuff is a ***** to shake!  I think I need a nap.      

AniO
on 5/12/11 1:19 am
Take a deep breath...let it out. Breathe in...breathe out. A slice of pizza is not going to ruin you. Now is a good time to work on your way of thinking. For the next few weeks, it's going to be hard to overdo. But take that time to get your "head issues" in check. Join a support group, go see a therapist. Figure out what you need to do to when you want to overeat. (I'm reading a book called "Made to Crave" and starting the bible study that goes along with it). You'll be OK as long as you don't ignore the fact that the sleeve is just a tool and there's still work to do to get to your healthy self. Good luck.

evilelf
on 5/12/11 1:21 am
Did you eat the whole pizza???, One slice will not stop the show, but you have to get back on track. So get over it don't let it happen again and move forward. Yes you will lose the pizza (for a while), but think of all the things you will gain. Good luck on your surgery.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

Amy B.
on 5/12/11 1:30 am - East Jordan, MI
In through the nose, out through the mouth........I do need to calm down.  Nope, not the whole pizza....good point.  I had one piece.  Shouldn't have, but did.  Pull my big girl panties up and move on.  I am still working on that new fangled "I'm first" mind set.  I can do this.  Thanks.  :-)   

faylavi
on 5/12/11 1:43 am - Laurel, MD
If WE were perfect eaters we would not need the surgery.  We all have our moments.  Get back on that horse and have some protien shakes.

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

byebyeburden
on 5/12/11 1:51 am
I agree, take a deep breath and start over, start over today, right now.  Not everyone falls off the wagon, but I did and try to keep learning from these mistakes.  I agree with the other posters, if we were perfect eaters we wouldn't of needed the surgery.  good luck
~Emily
Surgery Date Weight: 255 

Goal 1: 199 reached 3/4/11
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 150
Goal 3: 129

Frantom
on 5/12/11 2:27 am
I'm at work and I was JUST about to go snarf down a box of popcorn - but your posting and all the responses are helping me get over this "mouth hunger" I seem to be cursed with to the max.
My date is May 24th, I'm getting very anxiuos over all these reasons not to have surgery, but you'all have helped me see it's the right thing to do.
A big thank you to everyone that posts!
Amy B.
on 5/12/11 2:54 am - East Jordan, MI
Good for you for resisting the temptation!!  You can do this!

George B.
on 5/12/11 2:37 am - Miami, FL
Don't stress about a slice of pizza.

My doctor had no pre-op diet requirements and I ate what ever I wanted till 12 hours prior to surgery. Your liver will not shrink overnight and it will not swell overnight either.

You're doing fine. The pizza will not cause your surgery to be canceled.

Good luck,
George

Amy B.
on 5/12/11 2:53 am - East Jordan, MI
Thanks to all of you *****sponded....I am now calmly drinking a big ol' glass of sf lemonade and surfing the net for some cute clothes to use as motivation.  George, you are absolutely right.  I didn't undo the last 10 days with one piece of pizza.    

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views