Urinating less after surgery ???

NuevaMujer714
on 5/13/11 2:40 am - Irvine, CA
I have also noticed that now that Im loosing weight Im not needing to urinate as much is this Normal I was going before 8-10 a day now Im like 5-6 a day Whats uo with that Dont get more I like it
XOXO Thanks for the Support            
Miss_C
on 5/13/11 2:55 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Sounds like you're not getting enough fluids to me....are you?
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

Mlkpas
on 5/13/11 3:05 am - Pasadena, CA
I have the same thing, even though I drink all my fluids.  But really, pre-op we got most of our fluids from food, and we are eating SO MUCH LESS that it only makes sense that we would produce less urine.

Me personally, I was always looking for a bathroom so I am really happy with the new state of affairs!  

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

Danielle K.
on 5/13/11 3:13 am - Evart, MI
 Both people make valid points but more than likely it's that you have less fat.  Less fat your bladder can expand without triggering the nerve and cause that suddenness to occur.  This happened to my mom when she became diabetic, she stopped eating any sugar and lost 75lbs.  Voila my mom who has always RUSHED to the bathroom is now going about half the time.

So point is it's a good thing, be happy!
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

NuevaMujer714
on 5/13/11 3:24 am - Irvine, CA
It does make sense less fat less urinating wish I love Thanks
XOXO Thanks for the Support            
Crunchy As Can Be
on 5/13/11 3:27 am - NY
As long as your urine is still light in color (dark urine = sign of dehydration) and doesn't have a foul odor or hurt you while you're urinating (sign of infection), you should be just fine.
 ~~Emily~~

ToDream
on 5/13/11 3:33 am - Comox, Canada
You may be dehydrated. Is your urine very dark when you do go?

Follow my Entire Journey at www.myaceinhand.blogspot.com

VSG April 25,2011   SW 223/ GW 135/ CW 135

WLS goal reached Feb 2012... now on to my body reconstruction Early 2014!!  

Kristy R.
on 5/13/11 4:45 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Unfortunately, I pee myself half to death as much as I ever did.  In fact, I am seeing my PCP next week to see if there is anything I can do.  It was bad enough before I started drinking so much water,  I am in misery all day/night.  I suspect a prolapsed bladder, NOT THRILLED.
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

KrisJ77
on 5/13/11 5:29 am - TX
Yes and I'm loving it!! Before surgery I would have to get up in the middle of the night - mostly 2 times to pee - NOW - I sleep all the way through!!  I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

farewell2fat
on 5/13/11 7:42 am - Apopka, FL
Yep! I have that same issue & was worried. But apparently, I'm not the only one! It's not dark in color, so the less fat pressing on your bladder theory makes sense, as does not getting all the fluids from the volume of foods we use to eat pre-op. And, I use to wake up 2-3 times a night to empty my bladder, no more of that! I also notice something that's weird..maybe TMI, but the stream of urine isn't as strong as I remember, it's very faint. Again, light color urine, so I must not be dehyrated, wonder what that's from though?? hmmm??

Most Active