Just curious kiddos....

JennDee
on 5/16/11 5:59 am
I'm a few days out and I'm curious what amount all of you were consuming after just a few days or week post op. I am on full liquids and tolerating them very well. Oddly, I feel like I can consume too much!! Is my worrying just silly? I have this nightmare that when I actually get to mushies I'll have little restriction. Any words of wisdom??? X0X0 Jennie

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

emelar
on 5/16/11 6:12 am - TX
If you can get your liquids in at this point, consider yourself blessed.  Right now, focus on not getting dehydrated and getting your protein in.  For the first few weeks, it felt like I always had something in my mouth - water, protein shakes, broth, popsicles, etc.

You may not feel restriction on mushies, which is why it's important that you measure everything you eat and stay within your doc's guidelines for amounts.

You WILL feel restriction when you move to regular food and dense proteins, have no fear!
Chino67
on 5/16/11 7:05 am - Canada
I understand what you mean by wondering if you have little restrictions, I went through the exact same thing. But trust me, you most defiently will!!

Cheers
Heidi

First 30 days 31lbs
Mom4Jazz
on 5/16/11 7:13 am
I felt the same way at one week - was getting all my liquids in, getting nearly all my protein and thinking "did they even do anything to my stomach?"

Here I sit, 4 week anniversary, with a little bowl that contained 1/4 cup of chicken salad in it. I've eaten about half (about 1 oz) and am trying to decide whether it's time to stop. If I eat a couple bites beyond "time to stop" I feel Thanksgiving dinner stuffed.

Your worrying isn't silly, though, it's normal. I worried too.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views