More food sensitive?

NewDawn50
on 5/20/11 4:34 am
Not only do I not like to eat a lot these days (nor can I), but I am finding that there seems to suddenly be *something wrong* with a lot of foods I try to eat.

Don't get me wrong, I have my days where I anticipate a meal, especially if its something I like, but more and more frequently, the tase of certain things is turning me off, even more so than right after surgery.  For instance, lately, when I eat tuna, which I really like and have been able to eat since 8 weeks out, I find there's something wrong with the taste.  It's too "fishy," or the mayo doesn't taste right, or it isn't the right temperature.  I went to eat blueberries the other day, which I normally love, and found myself blanching at the taste, thinking that they tasted a little too earthy for me.

What's the deal?  Did/does anyone else suffer this?  I feel bad about wasting the food, but I get so turned off.

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/20/11 5:14 am - CA
I've noticed my tastebuds gradually changing. For instance pre-op I liked the Citromax protein drinks and now they are disgustingly sweet and I cant even stand the smell.  Also a few things that I normally am fond of seem "to have something wrong" with them just as you've suggested. For instance I LOVED ranch dressing on my chicken pre-op, now its overwhelmingly tangy. Also I've found I am liking a few things I didnt much care for before surgery. This didnt happen all at once post op but I've noticed as the weeks go by I am surprised by some of my taste changes.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views