Has any one used Dr. Duperier of BMI in SA, TX?

sanantoniorose1960
on 5/23/11 11:55 am - Austin, TX
Just out of curiosity has anyone on this forum used Dr. Duperier of San Antonio, TX?
I tried to do some searching on him but all I find is PR stuff and would like some actual reviews on him or his BMI facility.  This is not to seek out negative reviews but a well rounded overview of him and his work, something more than he has this or that award or accreditation or whatever.
I have decided on the VSG and would like any input on how that worked for you only if he did the surgery. thank you.
Jessica M.
on 5/23/11 12:16 pm - San Antonio, TX
 I have a support group in my home and several of the women in my group have used him. I used his partner Dr. Micey Seger. Great office, great bedside manner and great staff. I have nothing but good to say about him!

Delia Montalvo
on 5/24/11 12:12 am - San Antonio, TX

I have been followed by his partner, Dr. Seger also.  Had lap band done 5 years ago, now going for a revision, also by Dr. Seger.  Great staff, both physicians have excellent bedside manner. 

sanantoniorose1960
on 5/24/11 1:16 am - Austin, TX
I found out about BMI through my sister who has a coworker who had a lap band put in by Dr. Seger. My sister said that her coworker's appearance and health improved soon after her operation, and said all sorts of good things about him. I did go to BMI but saw Dr. Duperier instead. I found him a brisk for my comfort. I felt rushed and the visit wasn't long, my waiting was actually longer. But one thing is his favor was that he didn't rush me into any type of surgery, but said that whichever procedure came to me naturally would be the best one suited for my personality. I didn't get good vibes from my visit. On the otherhand, Dr. Duperier did state that he and Dr. Seger work together in surgery. Because my visit was short and forgetable, I just would like other unbiased reviews of him. I guess I can request a vist with Dr. Seger but will offend Dr. Duperier? And how will he treat me when he sees me again or will Dr. Seger not even consider me because I saw Dr. Duperier first?
dbltrbl
on 5/24/11 3:43 am - TX
You are safe/good in seeing which dr. you want to see on a regular basis.  However, both surgeons are at the actual surgery. 
High: 306 Goal: 160 Start: 305 Surgery: 295
Sleeved 1/10/11 (2 week pre-op diet resulted in 10 lb loss)

carolk67
on 1/19/16 3:20 pm
DS on 01/04/16

Doctor superior just did my switch operation 2 weeks ago. He did an excellent job of helping me decide what kind of surgery. At my post op visit he also gave me the opportunity to do just the sleeve at this time and then do the rest of the bypass at a later date if I chose. He was very matter of fact, but I find most surgeons are that way. As others have stated both doctors are in the operating room. Even if you choose to go with either Dr Senger or Dr Engelhart, the office staff is wonderful the dieticians are very helpful and the nurse practitioner is very knowledgeable and very friendly. I am glad that I chose Bmi to do my surgery I am 2 weeks post op and have lost 15 pounds. I would highly recommend Bmi to anyone looking to do weight loss surgery.

carolk67
on 1/20/16 9:16 pm
DS on 01/04/16

Doctor superior just did my switch operation 2 weeks ago. He did an excellent job of helping me decide what kind of surgery. At my post op visit he also gave me the opportunity to do just the sleeve at this time and then do the rest of the bypass at a later date if I chose. He was very matter of fact, but I find most surgeons are that way. As others have stated both doctors are in the operating room. Even if you choose to go with either Dr Senger or Dr Engelhart, the office staff is wonderful the dieticians are very helpful and the nurse practitioner is very knowledgeable and very friendly. I am glad that I chose Bmi to do my surgery I am 2 weeks post op and have lost 15 pounds. I would highly recommend Bmi to anyone looking to do weight loss surgery.

dbltrbl
on 5/24/11 3:41 am - TX
My husband and I both had VSG in January with Dr. Seger.  We absolutely without a doubt would recommend him and BMI of Texas.  My advocate had been out of the office on Maternity Leave when I had surgery, so I have come to love his other staff members.   As with any office, I find myself drawn to some staffers more then others. 

I have had a few meetings with Dr. D, but most of my interactions have been mainly during the monthly support group meetings which are held on the first Monday of every month.  The nutritionist is always available.  Dr. Seger and Dr. Duperier usually switch out each month at the meetings but are always available. 

Dr. D and Dr. S want you to be comfortable with who you choose and what you choose.  I don't think one would be offended.  We joke with the entire staff easily (but not about the surgery or concerns, just simple stuff like sports). 

We all have good days and bad days and the staff has really helped me out on my bad days and have always been supportive.     There should be a support group meeting June 6th.  Go and talk with the various patients and get there perspective too.  Everyone at BMI wants you to succeed.

High: 306 Goal: 160 Start: 305 Surgery: 295
Sleeved 1/10/11 (2 week pre-op diet resulted in 10 lb loss)

sanantoniorose1960
on 5/24/11 8:53 am - Austin, TX
Thanks dbltrbl, I really appreciated your input.  I will make another appointment and try to see Dr Seger this time.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 313 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views