My Hair is falling out Help

jacksmom2006
on 6/6/11 7:25 am
I'm right there with you. I am just over 3 months out and along with that milestone came the hair loss. I'm terrified to brush, blow dry or straighten my hair at this point. I just put in mousse and fluff.

I have tons of hair (or at least I did) so I don't think it's noticeable at this point. I don't know if I can go another couple months of this. Yikes!!

I heard some folks talk about supplements and different hair products. I may check into some of those.

On the bright side, I am 50lbs down.

-Best Wishes
Vanessa

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jengo1971
on 6/6/11 7:42 am
Unfortunately, there's absolutely nothing you can do about hair loss.  The type of loss is from anesthesia and rapid wt loss.  I'm six months out now and mine started at around 2 1/2 months post-op and has yet to slow down.  I've lost approx half my volume.  Lucky for me I have (had) thick hair. 

BTW, my hairdresser said it was very important to stimulate the scalp so don't be afraid to wash/brush your hair daily.

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
BigCaliSmile
on 6/6/11 9:32 am - La Puente, CA
I was wondering the average amount of protein you are taking in a day? I am kinda losing hair and I did bye some specific vitamins for that Just started taking 1 your supposed to take 3 today.
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 120 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 354 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views