Help for a friend that is 2.5 months out

1Haute Diva
on 6/6/11 12:48 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 Hi everyone,

Congrats to all of you on your journey thus far.  But I'm hoping some of you may be able to help answer some questions for my friend.  He's 2.5 months out with a VSG but has been at the same weight for 3 weeks now. This is not his first time coming to a plateau.  He had his first one 4 weeks after surgery, lost 3 lbs, and has now been hovering around 391-393 for the past 3 weeks.  He emailed his dietician during the first plateau and she told him to do  5 minimeals a day.  When he emailed her this time she told him to do 2 protein shakes (making one with a double scoop and one with a single scoop) and 2 meals a day.  So he'll be eating or drinking a shake every 4 hours.

He works out daily so she told him to up his cardio another 10-15 minutes.  The funny thing about that is he told her he works out daily, but she didn't ask him for how long per day, she just automatically told him to up it 10-15 mins a day.

So my question is, at 2.5 months out what does/did your daily diet consist of and how heavy was your workout routine?  He's really becoming upset with how slow his journey seems to be progressing.  And while I'm being a supportive as I can when he asks me questions, I really don't have answers.

Thanks in advance everyone.
- Shaw

babzmcgee
on 6/6/11 1:08 am, edited 6/6/11 1:09 am
His body is going into "survival mode". He is burning way more calories than he is eating, especially this early out. Keep it up, and don't lose hope. Make sure he is eating as clean as possible and getting in all his fluids. The scale will start to move again but his body is trying to figure out what is going on!
OH Support Group Leader

glmglb
on 6/6/11 1:19 am
VSG on 04/21/11 with
 Girl I wished I knew...Just wanted to let you know I'm dealing with a plateau and looking for answers. I may try what his dietician  said because I haven't tried doing that although I am so sick of shakes right now.

Goodbye 320's - Done
300's - Done
290's - Done
280's  -Done
270's
260's
250's
240's
230's
220's
200's

Most Active