How I broke my stall!

BHaley_414
on 6/6/11 2:51 am
VSG on 04/14/11 with
Hi,

So as you know I was at a complete stall at 35lbs lost -- for like 2 weeks

So I decided that i needed to re-read the paperwork from the surgeon's office's nutritionist regarding what and what not i should be doing at the Phase IV/ solid foods stage.  And start writing a log -- because something was wrong.

So that i did and based on this i put together a Menu -- to really track volume, cals, fat, carbs, and protien.  As well as to make a guide for myself.   With added popsicles - i kept to 600 cals and 60+ protien each day. And low and behold - I broke the stall - and am down to a total of 40lbs -

I created my Menu and Food Diary  in Excel  -- there are 2 weekly menus and 2 different diaries (one to print as a small booklet - and 1 that prints 8 1/2 x 11).  I had tried to upload the file to my profile - but am unable.  So i am just showing a JPEG of menu 1.  Please let me know how i can share the Excel file -- it's cool in that it is customizable - next to each day on the menu there are hidden columns -- where you enter the nutritional values -- so you put in your OWN menus with nutritional values.  and the food tracker is helpful -- with water, vitamins, supplements, mood, etc.

Well anyway - the lesson learned is to have a diary and plan your daily menu (for sucess)

borntobethin35
on 6/6/11 2:56 am - VA
Thank you for sharing your food diet. I need to start incorporating more fruit in my diet but I hate having all the carbs that comes with fruit. Great job!

Sheka
HW: 272   SW: 256  CW: 189 GW: 170

1st  Goal:    245:    
Achieved
2nd Goal:    220:    Achieved
3rd  Goal:    199:    Achieved
Final goal:   170

"I thank GOD for allowing me this opportunity to turn my life around"

George B.
on 6/6/11 2:57 am - Miami, FL
Excellent spead sheet.

I track what I eat on myfitnesspal.com for the same reason. Tracking keeps me accountable and lets me see if my calories, carbs, protein or water are not where they're supposed to be.

Congratulations on breaking your stall.

Continued success,
George

PaulaS
on 6/6/11 4:06 am - TX
I like the myfitnesspal.com, too!  I figures everything, even on many restraunt meals, and by brand and then keeps a running total for protein, carbs, fat and calories for each day.  

Congratulations on breaking your stall!!!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
4garringer
on 6/6/11 3:18 am
I would love this chart and journal...can you email it to me?  [email protected]

I just went for my 10 day pre op and everything is going well.   I am able to start regular exercise class and start introducing solids (minus breads and big meats)  But very excited to start my new life.    Thanks   Kay

BHaley_414
on 6/6/11 3:38 am
VSG on 04/14/11 with
sure i'll send it on for future reference.  the menu though is for phase IV solids which i was advised begins 5 weeks post-op.  2 wks clear liquids (ph1), 2 weeks moist and mushy (ph2), and 1 week soft solids (ph3).  i wouldn't use the menu i made until after 5 weeks post op.   
(i really do love these smiley faces on the website LOL ) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views