Weigh****chers and sleeve

Lynn5707
on 6/7/11 9:55 pm - IN
Hi,

I have my surgery date 7/6. I had my pre-op class yesterday and am really excited!

I was wondering if any of you down the road have joined Weigh****chers for additional support. If so, did you mention that you have a sleeve?

Thanks!

Lynn
Lori B.
on 6/7/11 10:37 pm
I am interested in the replies too. I think I may join when I get closer to goal. I think the support there is pretty good.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
lucy2e
on 6/7/11 10:58 pm - Laurel, MD
I'm newly sleeved - but both mom and daughter go to WW and I go frequently for support.  The ladies there all know me and are supportive of my decision - and encourage me to join as I near goal so that I will have the support.  I think I probably will - and won't need to tell them - they already know!  Some of the ladies (members) also talk to me to get more info on WLS - so it is (at least the one we go to) a group very open to WLS as a tool for weight loss!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Lynn5707
on 6/7/11 11:07 pm - IN
I have belonged to WW forever and have always wanted to be lifetime. After going to pre-op class yesterday, it seems like it would be a good mix after I am on solid foods.

Thanks for your replies. I may just keep going to meetings, I just switched to e-tools from monthly pass.

Lynn
Judith K.
on 6/7/11 11:18 pm
VSG on 05/15/10 with
I joined WW in Dec '08.  By the time of my surgery May '10 I had lost a whopping 29# and that included my 1 week pre-op and a 21 day detox before that!  I still went to WW post-op and didn't tell anyone for awhile.  Then as the weight change became noticeable I told my leader and a few friends there.  I came out of the VSG closet when I reached my 100#.  Everyone has been either kind or ignores me.  Nothing really negative.

Of course I did not eat according to the program but rather ate as I was supposed to.  Then in Nov of last year WW changed the program and wonder of wonders it's based on protein consumption first!!!  I was pretty excited.  Now I try to follow program; i.e. I often calculate points for a guideline, but I can't eat all 29 points every day.  I don't worry about that as long as I'm eating my protein first, then fruits and veggies.

I love the class and the support and the accountability.

I am 15# away from hitting the WW goal for me.  The first time I joined WW in 1974 after my second child was born.  I've joined MANY times since then and this time I WILL BE A LIFETIME MEMBER!!!  I'm pretty excited about that.

Go for it.  The new program is very VSG friendly.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

Lee ~
on 6/8/11 12:01 am - CA
I rejoined WW last October when I was 8 months out from surgery.  I weigh myself at home but wanted the additional accountability that I knew I would get from the weekly weigh-in.  I found a meeting that I really like with a leader that connects mind/heart/stomach and talks about how they all go together.  I did not say that I've had the Sleeve.  By the time I got there, my weight loss was going very slowly so I just looked like any other member sticking to a food plan.  I reached my WW goal 4 weeks ago so now I have 2 more weighins to Lifetime.  I'm looking forward to not paying anymore.  This was my 4th time joining WW.  1999, 2007, 2008, 2010

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

tanieanie
on 6/8/11 12:01 am - WI
My friend has been encouraging me to join T.O.P.S     apparently they have two support groups there.  The reg one and then one for WLS patients.   She said they have contests and alot of fun stuff.   

Lynn5707
on 6/8/11 2:55 am - IN
Thanks again for all the great support!

I am going to continue at my meetings, and just stay quiet for awhile.

I may check out TOPS as well. I am not sure if there are meetings around me, but I will see. Of course, my surgeon's clinic has a lot of support groups as well, but they are a little further away.

Lynn
LunaLovegood
on 6/8/11 10:00 am, edited 10/5/11 10:20 am - WA
I just joined WW today because I need a little more external support to make good food choices.  I go to a monthly WLS support group, and I lurk here on OH a lot, but I need to be held accountable and I think WW can do that for me, even if I won't eat all of my 37 daily and 49 weekly points (ouch, my poor sleeve would explode!)  I'm 18 weeks out and I'm starting to get back into bad habits like grazing and eating candy.  I am still losing, but I want to stop this bad behavior before it screws me over.  

Weight: Highest 317, Consult 311, Surgery 292, Current 210.8
Weight lost by month: 22, 13, 11, 8, 6, 5, 5, 6, 3, 0, next update 12/5.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 281 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 334 views