Has anyone else have these types of dreams?

nuyvon79
on 6/8/11 4:47 am, edited 6/8/11 4:47 am
I'm just 4 weeks out, but from the very beginning I have been having these strange reoccurring dreams that I am eating something that I shouldn't be eating or taking a swallow that is too big. Right as it is going down I will wake up in a panic. One night I was swallowing nails and needles in my dream and I woke up and my heart was beating so fast. And just last night I  swallowed a huge hunk of steak without chewing it and I woke up screaming...my poor hubby was terrified. He asked if I had a nightmare, and yeah that pretty much is a nightmare. And it feels so real, like something is really going down my throat. I've always been a vivid dreamer but this is totally freaky. Has anyone else experienced this...so weird.

SW: 281 CW: 202
Only got one shot to do this thing called life, and I'm gonna make it a winner     
felicity2u
on 6/8/11 4:50 am - LA
I think for the first two weeks after surgery I had the same types of dreams.  Mostly mine were all about food and like you said, I would dream about eating cakes or candies or eating too fast.  I, like yourself would wake up in a panic that I had damaged my stomach.  It's funny how your mind works.  I have not had any more of these dreams since then.  I guess we are dreaming about something we just lost, junk food and our stomachs, lol! It will stop over time.  Good luck in your journey!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

bigbyte
on 6/8/11 4:51 am - Sacramento, CA
I am only 1 week post-op, but I have had somewhat similar dreams where I am eating solid food in the dream even though I am still actually on the full liquid diet phase.  It seems very strange when I wake up from the dream.

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 10:41 am
Hell yeah, I think it's a side effect from the anesthesia or healing process.  

After VSG I dreamed my stomach literally exploded like out of my body.  And I ate a whole large pizza and....well....a bunch of other crazy crap.

I had to get my ankle surgically repaired a year before VSG, I had dreams that once the splint was off and I was in a walking boot I forgot to put it on and my entire foot broke off or I took the boot off to find my severed foot on the floor lmao.

My dreams got even more vivid after I began using my CPAP machine (before ankle or VSG) and got crazier from there on out.
nuyvon79
on 6/8/11 11:28 am
Dang ok...lol. You sound like you dream crazy anyway like I do. And I guess the trauma of surgery on our body sends weird signals to our brain when we are sleeping...so weird.

SW: 281 CW: 202
Only got one shot to do this thing called life, and I'm gonna make it a winner     
(deactivated member)
on 6/8/11 11:57 am
 I think our worst fears and biggest hopes come out in our dreams.  Erry now and then wifey asks me "Who tha hell were you dreamin bout last night????" lol.  

I think it's normal though, especially right after physical and mental trauma (surgery is traumatic as hell, no matter how much you do or don't want it).  

Laugh it off and do your thang :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views