Totally Messed up!!!

Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:34 pm - TX
 Thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely be avoiding those situations for awhile!!! I haven't had my surgery yet, but if I had, there would be no way I could eat and drink what I did today. Back on the straight and narrow road. 
livingskinny
on 6/11/11 11:50 am - NC
You can't help but be dissapointed, but it's over, you did it and you can't really take it back....so onward and upward ;-)

I have to do 2 weeks of Optifast, basically liquids, my friend and my hubby ordered pizza last night, and I had to sit there with them and eat my optifast soup...that was challenging because it wasn't just any pizza, it was Bellacino's...., but I realize it's what I need to do to help me overcome temptation.  I too need to stay focused my surgery date is 6/16/11 and I have to make sure my liver is small as possible to avoid any cpomplications. 

Anyway I'm rambling, but I understand..it's hard.  Hang in there

Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:43 pm - TX
 Wow, that's hard!!! I know we'll be faced with lots of hard situations. But knowing how important this pre-op diet is, I really thought I would be perfect. Like you said, onward and upward... stressing the upward. part. haha
Rouxful
on 6/11/11 11:55 am
 I'm having surgery in a week and I've been having a hard time with the pre-op diet, mostly because I don't know if it's working or not. I'm slowly losing, though, so I guess that's good? I called my surgeon's nutritionist and said "Hey, do liquids matter at all, or do you just care if I stay under 40g carbs a day?" And she said "Just keep it at 40-50 a day or less and you should be fine." So I've been trying to stay well under 40g carbs a day and make sure I get about 70 or more grams of protein through shakes, chicken and tofu (I've been making myself a lot of soups).

There's so many products out there that will let you indulge on this kind of diet. I'm a huge fan of CarbSmart ice cream bars. Only 5g net carbs, same with Atkins cookies and bars (my doctor recommended the bars). Sugarfree jello cups are also good to snack on. If you NEED to have chips, have a couple of pork rinds, but try to stay away from high fat foods. Salads are also a sanity-saver too. We'll all get throuth this, I'm sure.

HW 403 / SW 372 / CW 204 / GW 199    

Helen S.
on 6/11/11 12:55 pm - TX
 Wow! I can't believe how many of us are having surgeries so close together. It's GREAT!!! Thanks so much for all your replys and the support!
its4maya
on 6/11/11 1:29 pm - Cypress, CA
 Add me to the list!  I'm getting sleeved on 6/20 and am at that nervous/excited/anxious feeling.  My pre-op and final weigh in is on Wednesday and I keep thinking if I haven't lost the 20 pounds my surgeon told me to lose, I will DIE!  I'm afraid to step on the scale!  Liquids, liquids, liquids....fingers crossed that I get two thumbs up! 

IrishColleen
on 6/11/11 2:00 pm - Owosso, MI
 Add me on too!  I'm on the 28th.  I went yesterday to see my NUT and was THRILLED to find out I dont have to do just liquids!  YAY!!  I'm on a restricted 800-900 cal per day diet with very low carbs low fat.  I have to buy their foods but the way I look at it, now I dont have to decide what I'm having for dinner.  LOL

On Friday, the hubby and I leave on vacation for a week to a cottage we rented.  I didn't expect to get a surgery day this soon so I'll be doing my pre-op diet on vacation.  Not exactly what I would have preferred but I'm also concerned that I'll blow it.  

Hang in there.  This probably didn't mess you up too much and now you'll stay on track.

One step, big or baby step, but one step at a time.

See you on the bench!

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Texasky
on 6/11/11 8:46 pm
Ok  Sweetie...refocus...you can do it...we have talked and I know you can do it...
kimshealth
on 6/11/11 10:34 pm - LA
My surgery day is on the 22nd of this month. I have not received a pre op diet. I was put on a low cal diet about 2 months ago. I do go to see my doctor on the 16th and I'm sure this is when he will but me on one. I have been substituting meals with protein shakes and eating/ drinking broth. I'm trying to get use to it. I feel for pain. You can do it.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views