Pickier about food taste

NewDawn50
on 6/13/11 3:35 am
I'm noticing tht my tastes haven't just changed, but that I'm becoming pickier about food.

I'm not saying Ihaven't always liked good, fresh stuff, I have, but lately, I have to completely scrutinize smells and tastes, finding fault with the way things smell or taste that seem acceptable to other people.  This in turn puts me off certain foods and kills my appetite.  For instance, I really liked cottage cheese with pineapple, before and after being sleeved.  About a month ago, I found fault with some in our refrigertor that had a perfectly acceptable expiration date and hadn't been open long.  I haven't been able to eat it since.  Another day, my DH cooked some zucchini, also liked before and after surgery, but cooked it too long.  The texture nauseated me and I can't eat it now.

Anyone else having this heightened sense of food awareness tht is affecting eating?

2muchfluff
on 6/13/11 3:43 am
I have noticed that I have more discrimating tastes when it comes to food.  It doesn't necessarily nauseate me, but I prefer better quality food than I used to.  Another thing I have noticed is that when I get full, that is when I have to walk away from the food or at least put it away because it becomes quite repulsive to me.   I have always been a member of the clean plate club, but am now easily able to put that "one more bite"  in the trash rather than in my mouth.  Something I would have never done in the past.  I think I have thrown out more food in the past 6 months than I have in my lifetime.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views