KINDA OF FREAKIN OUT!!!!

Charb35
on 6/14/11 7:18 am - OH
Ok, I am so lost, what should I be doing right now? Should I be doing anything right now? My surgery date is on July 6, 2011 and I am so excited, so anxious, so nervous, so desperate.! I am freakin out!!!I understand that patience is a virtue but lets face it, I am so ready to start my new life. Any advice would be great. Thanks Charb

emelar
on 6/14/11 7:40 am - TX
Pick out a food tracker (if you don't already have a favorite) and start tracking your food.

Start exercising.

Give up the sodas and start increasing your daily fluid intake.

Pick a protein shake or drink that you think you can tolerate.  You don't have to love it - just be able to get it down your gullet for the first month post-op.
LittleMissSunshine
on 6/14/11 7:51 am
Right now the best thing you can do to prep for surgery is keep your carbs under 30g/day and exercise as much as you can... both will help minimize the risk of problems during the proceedure and will help with a smooth recovery.

Good luck!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

jennifersmithee
on 6/14/11 9:11 am - Farmers Branch, TX
Definately start experimenting with the protein shakes! You may not have the energy or desire to start sampling then after surgery. So do it now. I am not sure if your MD but you on a pre op diet but... you may want to have a few food funerals ,,, you know within reason and in moderation. But I didn't have time in between my approval and the surgery date to have a few last dishes and it made my pre op time HELL.  I know thats not the best advice but I wished someone would have told me how long it would be before I could even begin to think about a bite of mac and cheese or fresh salad. 
Use this time to educate yourself - read everything you can about the surgery (something I didn't do) educate your friends and family, find someone who you can confide in and who won't judge you no matter how much you gripe (I thank my co-workers... they helped me stay on track and listened to me freak out and b#$%h about everything and even sent my family food each night the week following surgery, knowing that I wouldn't be doing that.)
Other than that, just let yourself go through all the emotions - whatever they maybe - keep yourself busy and your eye on the ball. It will be here before you know it.

njmom5870
on 6/14/11 9:35 am
Practice not eating/drink at the same time then waiting 30 minutes after you eat.  Be sure you have NON sugary tasting clear liquids like Unjury Chicken Broth and get some Beneprotein powder to add to regular broth.  When you are on the clear liquid phase, you get quickly sick of the sweet taste.  Also be sure to get some popscicles.  They were my best friend!  Also, if you have an ipod, download a relaxation app or buy one. 

Be sure you find a protein powder you like and stock up on some eggs/yogurt/refried beans/ricotta cheese right before surgery so you have what you need for the soft phase.

If your doctor uses a drain, find a drug store that sells replacement dressing as you will have to change it every day after you shower.
Lastly, please understand that feelings of REGRET are totally normal.  You will get better and this discomfort is temporary!!!

Hope this helps, congrats and good luck
    Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

Crissy327
on 6/17/11 12:51 pm - NC
Is this Unjury a protein powder or an actual soup? I am trying to figure out what and where to buy it at. Everyone seems to like it.

Thanks!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
lucy2e
on 6/14/11 10:12 am - Laurel, MD
My suggestion is to 1 - make sure you are drinking at least 64 oz of water (or other

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Crissy327
on 6/17/11 12:47 pm - NC
Thanks for your question. I am scheduled for July 1st with Dr. Aceves in Mexico. I am getting neverous too. I am trying to think of everything to do too. I have to start my one week pre-op diet next week. He says to do low-carb for a week. It really does curb my hunger, so I am glad to do it. I will try to post some on how I am doing to give you someone to watch for a week. Ha Ha.

Good luck and message me if you want
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views