Espresso powder in my protein coffee

Elena22
on 6/16/11 12:06 am
And now I'm all jittery.  I've used instant espresso powder pre op before, and yes I did feel extra perky most times, but I've never felt like this before. Today was my first time trying it since surgery. My hands are actually shaking, my breathing is fasting than normal, and I just don't feel well.  Should I be concerned enough to call my Dr. or will this pass with drinking lots of water and time?
~ Elena.

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/16/11 12:46 am - NY
I'd drink lots of water, take some time, do some deep breathing, try to take a walk (if you're at work, walk around the parking lot for 10-15 minutes) every other hour until you feel better.

And then don't do it again!

As soon as I read this post I thought "Man, she's gotta be bouncing off the walls!"

I stopped drinking caffeinated coffe for the most part the day after my last final exam in college and only *rarely* drink anything caffeinated now anymore for that reason-- heart palpitations feel awful.

Good luck to you!
 ~~Emily~~

Elena22
on 6/16/11 1:08 am
LOL at : "bouncing off the walls" ... Yeah I'm at work, and I work in a gov office building.  I've done 5 laps around the building already to try to burn off some of the edge.  Like I said, I've used it pre op and it's never made me feel like this before.  I guess post op I'm a little more sensitive to it.  I'm trying to get lots of water in now, it'll be a hot day in antartica before I try this again.
~ Elena.

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 1:47 am
Yep- you sound like me the first time I had caffeine post op.. but the good/bad news is, I have built my tolerance back up so I can have a cup of coffee without feeling like I'm going to die of an exploding heart! I still won't go for a second cup though! :)
walmartian
on 6/17/11 6:02 am
Sa,e dose of caffiene but you're 50 pounds smaller= much stronger buzz! Don't forget this lesson if you decide to have an alcoholic beverage (S)

Most Active