Goodwill Industries - The untapped resource to cheap clothing!!

2sweetnsugarland
on 6/16/11 3:29 am - TX
Last Sunday after church the Hubby and I went to our local Goodwill Industries store to pick him up some work pants. The last time I went in there, which was over a year ago, I had to look in the “Plus Size" section. Now everyone knows how that goes . . . when you enter a store you see all these cute clothes for the “regular" sized woman but go to the Plus Size section and you see some of your Grandma’s old clothes . . . you know the jeans/pants with elastic in the waist and some of her old gardening shirts thrown in for good measure!!! :rolleyes: Now this time I went to the regular size section for women!! I made out like a bandit!!! I got a pair of Michael Kor’s jeans [tag still on them], Levi’s and another brand that I can’t remember the name of all for $7.99 a pair!!! I was in heaven!!! :angel_smile: The size of the jeans were a 16 on the Michael Kor’s [which are now sagging just a little but who cares they cost me $7.99] and the other ones were a size 14 which I can proudly wear with no trouble!!! My scale is not moving a great deal so it must be inches right???!!! YAY either way!!!:teeth_smile: :teeth_smile: :teeth_smile: I’m going to re-measure myself tonight so that I can know exactly what I’ve done. I’m only 5 weeks out from my VSG surgery and I’m loving every minute of it!!! Just thought I’d share!! Smooches!!!!

VSG:  5/13/2011
HW:260 / SW:242 / CW:195 / GW: 125

jfab1978
on 6/16/11 3:32 am - CA
What a wonderful feeling.. can't wait to be right there with you!  Thank you for sharing!

NomieRebecca
on 6/16/11 3:53 am - Lindale, TX
VSG on 09/25/12
That is amazing for the Michael Kors! Dont forget to check out the Salvation Army too. They are usually cheaper than the Goodwill :) 
2sweetnsugarland
on 6/16/11 3:56 am - TX
Thanks!!!  I'll put the Salvation Army on my list for this weekend!!

Lori B.
on 6/16/11 4:50 am
Gardening shirts...HAHA! No ****! That's funny.

Great find! I'm gonna have to do the same soon.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 5:09 am
I CANNOT wait till I can do this! My husband always scores great at goodwill- but he's 6' and 155. Everything looks good on him and fits.. The man has more leather jackets and blazers than I can count!

It's going to be great to walk in there and grab some nice jeans off the rack and have them fit! and cute dresses, shirts... 
2sweetnsugarland
on 6/16/11 6:59 am - TX
I know what you mean my husband is 6'7" and weighs around 240-245 so we are always really glad when he can find work pants for that cheap [$5.99].  Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!!

Valerie S.
on 6/16/11 9:02 am - CA
I love goodwill and all thrift stores! I've been going to goodwill for years and just discovered last week for the first time that they have a small rack, no signs on them , at least at the two stores I recently went to, that are the "better" clothing. Higher end name brands, things in excellent shape and alot with tags still on. I was so excited! I never knew they had this!

Valerie S.
on 6/16/11 9:04 am - CA
Why does my ticker post twice? Took me a lifetime to figure out how to get one and now I have two. Lovely lol

wanttobehalfofme
on 6/16/11 9:21 am - MI
Garage Sales are great too. I getting name brand clothing for under $2.00 an outfit.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views