Stupid people saying STUPIDER things!

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/16/11 12:33 pm
Psychologically, it is in your best interest to set her straight. I didn't say everybody should cuss somebody out, but holding it in isn't good. Also, you have to teach people how to treat you. I'm more of a short and sweet type of person myself- "Ignorance is bliss, you must be very happy". If I feel especially moved, I may bless them with 3-4 more sentences.

I doubt that she will mess with you again... or anyone who heard about it.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 12:49 pm
Just remember: "Stupid is as stupid does" oh that and call her Forrest from now on...
May D.
on 6/16/11 3:12 pm
 Unfortunately, not everyone believes that weight loss surgery is the best thing in the world.  Everyone has an opinion.  I have not told too many people about my surgery, I know there are members of my family who will get on their high horse and either insult me for being weak or tell me I ruined my life.  I've made a decision NOT to waste my energy on these types of people.  There have been a few friends who have made negative comments already and I respect their opinion and walk away.  I'd rather spend my energy on more useful things like working out!  I really don't care what others think anymore.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views