Saboteurs!

Libralin
on 6/16/11 11:18 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Say it with me ~~ Sabotage ! That is a french word. Its come up in my head these past few weeks.

Imagine your biggest food (sugar)weakness....something you are/were addicted to. With me its Ice Cream. Notice I say it is instead of it was.  You could hand it to me in any way shape or form even if it was a flavor I didnt like. What does it represent to me? Party.....Lots and lots of kids birthday parties; Happy times; fun times; What was there? Ice cream and cake. I grew up in double trouble...Italians who like sweets!

Now, back to the word Sabotage. Imagine trying your best to avoid Ice Cream at all costs because you can always have a sugar free fudgesicle at home. But your boyfriend eyes a DQ in the midst and says "Stop at DQ so I can get a cone". I take one look at him and say..."Do you think you are going to eat that in front of me? You must be kidding. Go eat that when you are alone"  He says, "Oh I didnt think that would bother you."  Thats like quitting smoking and have someone light up in your car!  BANG ZOOM!!!

Now, how about going to a retirement party at work and having everyone ask you a hundred times if you want a piece of the cake? Or eating lunch at work and someone asking you if you want one of the cookies they are eating. All of these people know you had surgery.

Are they stupid, trying not to feel guilty that they are eating it., trying to be polite...or just trying to make you screw up!!!??????

You be the judge....

I used to work with this one person who the day after I came back to work after my lapband surgery tried to feed me cookies..My son was there next to me and said to her.."Get the hell out of here! Are you crazy?"

I have to admit, it tests you big time....I am happy to say that I was strong and didnt faulter!

Just keep doing the happy dance....     and remember no one can sabotage your weight loss but yourself...There are those who will try...but keep focusing on the goal...........

For me, its to get off bp meds...start dancing again...and keep up with my 14 month old grandaughter and my new grandson due to arrive in a few weeks....Focus..and distraction!    Peace!  Linda M. from Jersey!

Lisa D.
on 6/16/11 11:38 am - New Orleans, LA
Look for a product called Arcti****  Whole Foods has it and some other places.  Not as creamy as ice cream but a whole pint is 150 cals, so you can't ruin your whole day.  A serving, 1/2 cup, is plenty and 37 calories, 4g protein, 0 fat, 2g fiber, 6g sugar, 7 carbs.  These specs fit my surgeon's plan perfectly for a dessert.  I even mixed it with an EAS carb lite protein drink, 15g protein, for a yummy shakelet.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/16/11 11:48 am - NY
Mmmm-- shakelet. LOL. :)
 ~~Emily~~

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/16/11 11:43 am
I used to have a co-worker who would knock on my closed office door to offer me a cookie. She said, "I know you are being good, but I got you this cookie." She even brought me fried chicken once- my cryptonite at the time. BTW, she is about 100 pounds.

But you are right, ultimately it is still up to you to sabotage or not sabotage.

I show up late for office parties by being on the phone, busy, or running an errand when they start. Then I sneak in to show my face and hang out near the door and sneak out, if I feel the need. If I come late enough, the most tempting stuff is usually gone or picked over. Once its picked over, I don't want it anyway.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
sublimate
on 6/16/11 1:56 pm, edited 6/16/11 1:57 pm - San Jose, CA

Here's my take on this.. I consider myself a food addict. What do alcoholics do when they are invited to a party and know there will be booze they are tempted to drink? They don't go!

This is a lot harder to do with food, but you wouldn't believe how many food situations I've managed to avoid because I TRY.
For instance I would come late to the retirement party after everyone has already eaten, or while people are eating I'd say I have to use the restroom and I'd spend a long time in the bathroom applying makeup or making a phone call to avoid the food.

At this point I'm pretty strong around temptations but you better believe if I was weak I'd be CONTROLLING my environment as much as I could.. KWIM? Because I know many other people don't understand, so I have to do what I need to protect myself.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 10:51 pm
At my old job I had a lady who insisted and would not take NO for a answer on giving me a cookie-cake or a doughnut. I would tell her no thank you please don't ect and she was very pushy about it.

So finally one day I said OHH thank you- took the cookie turned around and threw it right in the garbage- right in front of her. She gasped and walked away. I know it was a bit rude- but she never bothered me again.

I mean how many times do you have to explain yourself or refuse politely and they still insist. SO it worked perfectly.
sublimate
on 6/17/11 3:24 am - San Jose, CA
On June 17, 2011 at 5:51 AM Pacific Time, Danease wrote:
At my old job I had a lady who insisted and would not take NO for a answer on giving me a cookie-cake or a doughnut. I would tell her no thank you please don't ect and she was very pushy about it.

So finally one day I said OHH thank you- took the cookie turned around and threw it right in the garbage- right in front of her. She gasped and walked away. I know it was a bit rude- but she never bothered me again.

I mean how many times do you have to explain yourself or refuse politely and they still insist. SO it worked perfectly.

I love this.. applauding you!!!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

USAF Wife
on 6/16/11 11:49 pm
My loving, supportive, super metabolism having husband is my biggest saboteur ! ! ! God love him, but he's been offering me bites of his Reese's ice cream for about 18 months, just the candy chunks that are huge and he knows Reese's cups are my favorite in the entire world. . .

At first, he was just being sweet then when I got "too small" it got worse. He's a great guy, but sometimes I wanna strangle him. I've learned to just say "no thanks honey", and he's finally caught on that I'm not going to eat it all the time.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs