Honeymoon phase, be damned!!!!

NewDawn50
on 6/22/11 11:54 pm
I'm now at the 6 month mark, which is frequently when the "honeymoon" phase of weight loss begins to taper.  However, on my last visit with the surgeon, she believed that since I was losing steadily and not very fast, that I might keep up the pace for much longer and just keep losing at the steady rate I was going at.

Well, I hope the last two weeks are some indication - because my loss has speeded up!  I seem to be hitting some sort of stride in my weight loss over this last month, where it has been better than any time before.  I've lost almost 8 lbs in the last several weeks, which NEVER happens for me.  Before that, I had several weeks where I lost several lbs. a week, when I was frequently just chugging along at 1 lb. or 1.5 lbs weekly. 

I also never weigh in the middle of the week - only on Sunday, but this morning I felt the loss, if that makes sense, and stepped on the scale to see more than 3 lbs gone since Sunday!  Certainly, it might stabilize and by this Sunday, my normal weigh-in day, I might not see more loss or even go up a tiny bit, but I'm so delighted!

I've maintained a positive attitude about the rate of my loss, and will still be pleased with however it progresses, but I want others out there who get a little frustrated by slower weight loss not to give up hope that you can have times, even after the honeymoon phase, when your loss will suddenly surprise you,  if you just stay on your path to success.

YAY!

Chimere
on 6/23/11 12:03 am

Well thats cool.  Are you exercizeing too? I just wonder if youve got your metabolizim all reved up

NewDawn50
on 6/23/11 12:11 am

I do exercise, but I haven't been crazy with it.  My body has been so very unhealthy for so long that building up exercise stamina has been slow, but I'm making progress.  I take walks with my DD and use a recumbent bike we bought.  I also use some arm weight (like THAT's going to prevent my batwings).

I haven't changed the exercise in the last few weeks, but I think its time to.  I promised myself I'd do that as my loss progressed, both for toning purposes (again, ha), and because I can handle doing more.

Chimere
on 6/23/11 12:30 am
Ya I hear ya.  I can relate. Ive been so seditary for 5 yrs its pathetic. Just standing up to wash the dishes makes my lower back hurt.    Well good job hon.  Slow and steady is the way to go. Dont wanna hurt something. I figure when Ive dropped like 50 lbs my feet and back can handle the weight more as is they kill me if I do to much.  Ive been thinking bout gettting a stationary bike with handles that move.  I tried a eliptical and believe it or not my knees hurt on it so not goin that route.

Bigasiangirl
on 6/23/11 12:34 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
70 lbs in six months?!  That is great!!!  It must feel amazing! 
Congratulations!!!

NewDawn50
on 6/23/11 1:06 am
Thanks, Asiangirl.  It does feel great, but its only recently that it speeded up.  But I was still happy with the slowr loss.  Every time I step on the scale and its moving in the right direction, its a victory.

Lalamonkey
on 6/23/11 12:55 am - GA
Wow you are doing FANTASTIC!!!  What a great post.  I know you can do this and continue your great progress!!!!  Congratulations!!!
SandraKay
on 6/23/11 1:08 am - San Antonio, TX
Keep up the great attitude! I belive it really helps the weight slip away. Congratualtions!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 2:31 am
Honeymoon phase be damned is the right attitude, plus I always thought you got a good year or so! 

Anyway, like others say- it ain't over till you call it quits. I plan on working this as long as I can, worst case- I'm a fit girl with more curves!! You keep going at it till you're happy!
SuperRN597
on 6/23/11 2:43 am
I was just like you...lost very slow in the beginning, but when I started losing, I have lost consistently.  I am almost 16 months post surgery and have lost a consistent 12 pounds each month and am still losing at that rate.  So, I think the truth is that each one of us is different and our bodies react differently.  Our bodies drop the weight when they are ready...I just follow the rules and the let the rest take care of itself...no stressing about it anymore...and before I knew it, 200 lbs gone.

Good job and keep working it until you get where you want to be and then work it as you need to so that you can maintain that healthy new you.
 Sharon 
Consult date 1/11/10   Weight 398.5     Surgery date 3/1/10  Weight 374
HW 400+     CW 196.6    Dr. GW <200   My GW 150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views