Its so close and I cant think about anything else!!

roseselene
on 6/23/11 10:16 am
Good luck! My surgery is the 28th, so we'll be recovering around the same time.
Amy
CW: 255 SW: 234 

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/11 10:22 am - Elkton, MD

Congrats on your upcoming surgery, my "sleeve sista" ! I too am getting done Monday and as hard as I try to not think about it, its hard.  I am sure we both will do fine!

A_NEW_KATIE
on 6/23/11 12:40 pm
Good luck to you too!!! We just gotta make it through this weekend!  We will have to touch base next week!

Katie

Smardeepants
on 6/23/11 5:12 pm
I'll be joining you both, I'm getting sleeved monday afternoon! 

Can't wait for us all to be losers! 

sleeve genie
on 6/23/11 10:49 am - Alhambra, CA
Welcome Katie,  you have made a wonderful decision and i'm sure you will be so pleased you did this.   Try to think about all the wonderful changes coming your way.   There are so many gifts along the way that have nothing to do with the number on the scale.  It really is life changing for the better.  This is  a great site, wonderful supportive people only too happy to offer support in whatever way you need it.   I'm sure you'll do great,   remember the most iimportant things newly post op,  walk, sip, rest and repeat   :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

A_NEW_KATIE
on 6/23/11 12:41 pm
Thanks everyone!  Cant wait to be a loser!!

wert
on 6/23/11 12:44 pm - MN
It's nice to hear from you. I'm sure you've learned a lot from reading. I know it helped me so much to know what to expect. Your experience will be all your own, of course. I wish you the best. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Heleena33
on 6/23/11 1:32 pm - Custer, WA
Hey Katie!!
I love our surgeon!  He is so nice and having been through the whole thing, understands our excitement!
I was hoping to see you there but was so beside myself when I left, I really didn't notice anyone!!

I am sure you're doing the right thing too!
I got everything ready, labs tomorrow and psych eval tomorrow then wed ekg. Then all done and ready to go!
Hey someone here said something about a ct scan...
Did you have to do that?

I can hardly wait to hear how it goes for you!  I know we will do fantastic!!

Take care
Helen

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

A_NEW_KATIE
on 6/24/11 1:39 am
Hi Helen!

I actually think you walked right by me in the office! I wasnt sure if it was you or not.  Im glad to hear you also liked Dr. Crouthamel!

I did not have to have a CT scan but I think that every person based on health history is a little different!

Ill keep you updated!!

Good luck to you!

Katie

Smardeepants
on 6/23/11 5:11 pm
Congrats sleeve sister... I'm a monday sleever, too!

I'm trying to focus on projects (too keep from going crazy)... just finished using my label maker to label the settings on my washer and dryer. You know, so the hubs can wash laundry while I'm recovering. (He doesn't come on here much, so I mostly tell him how difficult it will be). muwahahahaha (rubbing hands together for sinister effect).

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views