Trying NOT to lose weight...Yep, that's what I said!

KSqtpie
on 6/24/11 5:06 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
I am super excited to have found a PCP who is supportive of WLS here in KC (thanks to a fellow Kansan here on OH). I have an appt set for this coming Tuesday! This will allow me to record my weight for the 1st  time in order to comply with the 6 month supervised diet required by my insurance.

I'm sooooo excited! This means I will  (hopefully) be ringing in 2012 rockin' my new sleeve :-)

Until then, I am trying desperately NOT to lose weight because I am exactly 40.3 BMI. My insurance requires 40 BMI to be approved for the sleeve. Man, it's summer and I feel like a CHUNKY MONKEY! Get me weighed so I can start dropping the pounds already!!!!!

Let the journey BEGIN!!!! 
_Nikki_
on 6/24/11 5:07 pm
Congratulations !!! Eat up girl !! LOL !! You will be on the Loser's Bench with us soon !!
_Nikki_ 

KSqtpie
on 6/25/11 7:08 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Isn't this sad?!? I can really just go eat all I want, whatever I want cuz I'm not sleeved yet and all I can think about is how I just want to eat a light, crisp, yummy salad and drink tons of water so I can fit comfortably into my capris that I just bought but am already popping out of....ugh.

I'm so sick of feeling like the Stay-Puff marshmallow girl!!
wert
on 6/24/11 9:56 pm - MN
Keep eating! I barely made the minimum requirement. Some have suggested wearing weights to your first appointment. Or filling your pockets with rolls of coins. Anything to help. I have no problems working the insurance system. Good luck to you. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

KSqtpie
on 6/25/11 7:04 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks for the tips! I don't think I will have to worry about wearing weights though. I GOT THIS ONE ALL ON MY OWN!...haha. Too bad I'm not just as successful in losing weight as I am in gaining it. I've got GAINING weight down pat!
Caligirlgina
on 6/25/11 12:03 am - CA
Go eat some Chinese food the night before and Mexican food for lunch! That outta do it for ya!!!
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

Dreaminglighter
on 6/25/11 1:22 am
Congrats on starting your journey!!!  I am in the same boat.  I feel so frustrated that I can't start losing weight.  I am two months into my 6 month wait and I am so afraid to lose weight because I barely qualify.  I was told by the surgeon's nurse NOT to lose weight maybe 3-5 pounds but that is it ,until I get my surgery date in October..once I get my surgery date it doesn't matter...It is such a horrible waiting game.  I go to classes every month (supposed to be following a diet) and yet I am told not to lose weight.  My fear is that the insurance company will deny me because it will look like I am not committed to changing my diet.   The nurse said she knows of only one insurance company that does this.... I am so ready and feel the same way you do....You may want to check to see if you just have to maintain the weight for the first visit or throughout the six months until you get your surgery date.   Good Luck and I would love to hear what you find out!!~!!!!
KSqtpie
on 6/25/11 6:56 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Congrats on your journey too! I am a little jealous of anyone who is ahead of me though..haha. I have a Bariatric case worker through my insurance who has been excellent in answering all my questions. My insurance (United Health Care) does not deny patients if they lose weight on the 6mo diet. She told me the recorded BMI from the 1st doctor visit is what they go by. (And for me, it has to be above 40 with NO cormorbidities or above 35 WITH cormorbidities such as sleep apnea or diabetes) I don't have any cormorbidities...I'm just a healthy fat girl...FOR NOW....so I am crossing my fingers to stay just over the 40 BMI mark. She says they actually like to see the patient lose weight because there is lower risks during surgery and it shows you are committed to changing your lifestyle. I asked the Bariatric nurse at the surgeons office and she confirmed that MOST insurance companies operate this way, but can deny you for all sorts of little pesky reasons. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a smoooooth ride! I'll keep some fingers crossed for you too! Good luck!
DrHollywood
on 6/25/11 4:23 am - Harbor City, CA
Have some baby back BBQ ribs for me.  :)

On a serious note...  Congratulations with your decision and your new start journey!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

KSqtpie
on 6/25/11 6:59 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Mmmmm....can we have ribs after surgery?? Even if you chew the heck out of them? It's gonna be hard living in KC and not eat some ribs once in a while if that's the case. Oh well, maybe I could just suck on the bones...haha...j/k!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views