Incisions post-op 4 days...

Need4Change
on 6/25/11 9:33 am - NJ
Hey everyone,

I'm 4 days out from surgery and feeling great with the exception of the incisions, which are starting to dry out and feeling the stretch in my skin.  If i turn the wrong way or too fast, its really painful.  I'm too chicken to take the bandages off.  I was told it was ok to shower and if any bandages come off to just replace them.  Lucky for me they didnt...but Im thinking that maybe I should be putting some vitamin E or Neosporin on them, to keep them moist? 

I'm going to be calling my docs on Monday to find out what I need to do... I have my post-op appt scheduled for next Thursday.  I'm pretty sure he said they are the sutures that dissolve over time, but I was high as a kite, so who knows!!

Any ideas on this topic?  DId you have post-care instructions?  I got a really detailed book on the diet im supposed to follow but nothing on the incisions...

Thanks in advance for your help!

bubbashotrod
on 6/25/11 9:46 am - NY
 I too had this problem, I used triple antibiotic ointment on them to help keep them moist. It worked like a charm and helped to reduce the redness of the incision after it healed too. Hope this helps
Need4Change
on 6/26/11 2:20 am - NJ
Thanks for the note!  Funny enough, I tried to apply some last night and was successful with one incision but the others are stuck on real tight and I'm thinking its like that for a reason... I didnt want to pry them off, God forbid something happens, so I'll let the doc take them off himself and will definitely be calling them tomorrow...

Thank you!!
Most Active