Saying goodbye to Diet Coke soon...

judyalbertson
on 6/28/11 7:54 am
My sleeve surgery is July 18th with Dr. Aceves.  I know this is the best thing I will ever do for myself!  I will miss my Diet Coke...sigh...
But, it is time to go forward with eating healthy and getting the excess wt. off of my body.  I am 55 now and the joints just don't feel as good as they used to...!  I don't smoke or drink, but I do love my Diet Coke.  Anyone else feel sad about giving something up?

Ashley O.
on 6/28/11 7:56 am
My surgery isnt going to be till the end of august/early september.. I used to have 4 diet pepsis a day, but now i only have like one a week if my family goes out to dinner or somthing.. it was realy hard the first few weeks, i literally had caffeine withdrawl. lol. but i think i'll be alright, im sure you will be too. my doctor told me i can try soda again a year after surgery. some doctors say no, others say its alright, i guess it just depends on the person. i know lots of people that do drink soda though after wls.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

janielynne
on 6/28/11 8:06 am

well I must tell you that I started my day with the breakfast of champions, Diet Coke !! :)   Since my surgery I have tried to drink it a few times.  To my suprise, I hate the taste.  It just tastes horrible. You will see that you dont even crave it anymore.  You will also be working so hard to get all of your H2O in that you will not even think about the diet coke.
good luck on your surgery...you will do great.

Jane

Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 6/28/11 8:12 am
On June 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM Pacific Time, janielynne wrote:

well I must tell you that I started my day with the breakfast of champions, Diet Coke !! :)   Since my surgery I have tried to drink it a few times.  To my suprise, I hate the taste.  It just tastes horrible. You will see that you dont even crave it anymore.  You will also be working so hard to get all of your H2O in that you will not even think about the diet coke.
good luck on your surgery...you will do great.

Jane

I can't stand the taste of it either.  And, when I think how much of it I used to drink!  I miss how it used to taste to me, but, I can live without it.
_rebecca
on 6/28/11 8:10 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

I am so happy you are getting the sleeve.  I am six months out and I sometimes enjoy at Diet Coke.   I usually drink one when I go out to eat.  I can't eat much and it gives me something with flavor to drink while everyone else eats around me.  The ice waters it down, so it isn't very strong.  I always make sure to get in my water though!  The only food that bothers me is hamburger meat.  I sometimes wish I could have a bite of a hamburger, but my sleeve just doesn't agree!  LOL  Good luck with your surgery.  You are making a great choice.

Crissy327
on 6/28/11 8:45 am - NC
I am headed to see Dr. Aceves on Thursday, for surgery on Friday. I will try to let you know how things go. It's always nice to hear from someone who just got back, at least that's how I feel.

I decided giving up a few things is so worth gaining my life back. I wish we could have it all, I really wish that, but.. as we all know life is about trade offs. For me, I decided this is the lesser of two evils and I am sure I can do without the few things I can't have after the surgery in exchange for all it will be giving me back.

I worried more about not enjoying my favorite hobby, eating. Ha Ha    I really struggled with that and almost decided not to do it because of it. I thought about it for a while and decided that even though I was going to reduce something I love, I was going to gain so much more that it would be worth giving up something I love. That's just me. It's a personal decision for all of us.

Good luck on your journey!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
judyalbertson
on 6/28/11 9:14 am
Can't wait to hear how your surgery goes! 
Crissy327
on 6/28/11 11:55 am - NC
Message me if you get time on like Saturday and I will try to fill you and send you some pics if I can.

On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
MenagerieNik
on 6/28/11 8:46 am
I'm a Pepsi-aholic, and I thought I would have trouble giving it up. However, since starting my pre-op liquid diet I have not craved it once. Even before my pouch, I suspect that with so little in my stomach it would give me massive heartburn. So, giving it up many not be as hard as you think. Good luck!

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 9:06 am - WV
I have been without Diet Coke since May 16th...I attempted to drink one a while back and it made me so sick to my stomach that it wasn't worth it...and this is going from 6--16oz bottles a day!  I have even lost a few pounds!!  Good luck on your journey and I can't wait to take my seat on the bench!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 123 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 355 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views