good news vs bad news... half empty or half full??

healthydee2b
on 6/28/11 6:38 am
well, i'm kinda on the fence of still being excited and depressed over this stall.  yesterday was 6 months surgiversary.  i've lost 'almost' 50# since the first of december; 40# post op.  i'm in size 8 pants comfortably, and mostly medium tops.  i have not lost my boobs, which was a fear of mine.  i've 29# as of this morning to my personal goal which my doctor keeps telling me i'll probably lose 39# more... i think he's crazy. 

now, i've lost and gained the same blasted 2# for a month!!!  a whole month of up and down 2#.  and i'm frustrated, depressed at times, and yet elated still with what i have lost and how so very much better i feel than pre-op. 

encouragement please???  will this stall end?  will i get to goal?  huh, huh, huh???
Duffy563
on 6/28/11 6:49 am - Nashville, TN
I can't imagine why the stall wouldn't end if you're sticking to your dr's plan. Although my stalls haven't been longer than a week or so, I hate them none the less. I always wonder the same thing too. But, as long as I do what I'm supposed to do, they scale starts to move again. I find drinking tons of water sure helps. I've switched up protein, cut carbs or fat, amped up the exercise, but the only consistent thing I find that makes a difference is my water intake. The more the better. At the end of the day, everyone's different though. And, I think what works changes every time. Gotta surprise and trick the body with new tactics to make it cooperate :) Anyhow, you can do this. You've already come so far, now its a matter of sticking to plan and you'll make goal. Good luck!
healthydee2b
on 6/28/11 6:54 am
thanks duffy! 
emelar
on 6/28/11 6:52 am - TX
The glass is definitely half full.  Less than 30 lbs to go!  Woo hoo!

I say you're finished losing when you say you're finished, but it does slow down when you get near the end.  I have mixed feelings about whether there's anything you can do to make the scale move faster.  For the most part, your body starts moving in its own good time, IMO.  But, it wouldn't hurt to look at your plan again and re-assess what you're eating and how you're exercising and see if there's a way to tweak it.

Congrats on making it so far!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views