2weeks out feels like I am not digesting completely

onmywaytoskinny
on 6/29/11 7:56 am - Texas, TX
I was doing fine as far as getting everything down and not vomiting at all but for the last few days I don't think my food is digesting. I have this feeling that something is just sitting in my stomach/esophagus or somewhere in that area. It's not coming up just flowing about.

Has this happened to anyone?

angieb77
on 6/29/11 8:11 am - Blaine, MN
Yes it happened to me as well.  Talk with your surgeon about getting a PPI (Protein Pump Inhibitor).  You could also ask about a medication called Levsin.  It helps with fullness and nausea.  It helped me a lot with that feeling.  My doctor said that feeling means your pouch is full.  He said it also helps to walk around when that happens to you.  He said you need to let gravity take its course.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

TennDee
on 6/29/11 8:53 am
I get like that too.  I take Levsin (saves the day for heart burn and stomach discomfort). The way I got things to umm "move"  was realizing I was not going to the bathroom, so to speak.  After I got things moving again I thought I fixed it, But I got that "stuck" feeling again.  When I feel like my food is not digesting, I take a laxitive for that.

Not sure if this is happening to you or not.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views