Oy Vey...I've been bad.

JennDee
on 6/30/11 6:09 am
I feel like I haven't posted in forever! Things have been very drama free and smooth sailing since my surgery on May 11th. I'm down almost 50 pounds (whi*****ludes my 2 week pre op diet). No complaints about that :)
I have however been bad the last 2 days. Close your eyes boys. I have my period and let me tell you I want to eat everything! I without even realizing ate a handful of Nilla Wafers at lunch today as my coworkers had a box on the table. I had forgotten for a minute that I was sleeved and lead a new, healthy life which does not include Nilla Wafers, hahahha!!!
I also have been perusing the ice cream section at the grocery store 2 nights ago like a crazy woman. Please tell me I'm not alone in this and I'll be fine.
Damn Hormones!!!!!!!!
XOXO, Jennie

Jennie D.  

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly".

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got."

sandy18
on 6/30/11 6:57 am - FL
I'm only 3 weeks out, so I cannot help but I wanted to share with you that my biggest fear is popping something into my mouth without thinking.  Specially now that I am so newly sleeved!

But, i think that it is totally normal to feel like that sometimes!

Mini.me
on 6/30/11 7:26 am
You are very normal ... PMS will do a number on your head and your hunger.

People are very different in how they lose and how strict they have to be on calories.  Are you strict with your carbs?  If not and you really want some icecream, I say go for it.  I like the Breyers Churned Reduced Fat/Calories kind.  Be sure to measure and allow yourself only 1 serving. 

Others may give you different advice, but I personally did not have this surgery to deprive myself any longer.  I did that for years and I would fall off the cart while eating everything in site. 

My small tummy allows me to "indulge" every now and then without the capacity to overdo it.  If you track your food, be sure to put it down.  Keeping a budget of what you do can be very helpful as you are losing.  Plus, if you notice a gain or fluxuation, you can go back and try to figure out what did it.

Good luck!

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

roundater
on 6/30/11 7:52 am - Lincoln, NE
Everybody has their off days. Just chalk it up to human failing and resolve the next day to get back track. I am in a bit of a stall myself so I can empathize. GL and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

cyd000
on 6/30/11 9:11 pm - Vancouver, WA
I had the same issue so I bought Weigh****chers chocolate chip mint ice cream.  It came in a nice little single serving cup and was very tasty, low in calories, and fat free.  It satisfied my craving and there was no guilt involved. 

HW: 267, 5'3", 37 years old
Pre-op - 13lbs lost
Month 1 - 17lbs lost
Month 2 - 11lbs lost
Month 3 - 3lbs lost
Month 4 - 8lbs lost
Month 5 - 4lbs lost
Month 6 - 5lbs lost
Month 7 - 4lbs lost
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views