Getting Cold Feet

Caligirlgina
on 7/2/11 1:30 am - CA

What you are feeling is totally normal. I had second thoughts up even the night before and was wondering if I cold do this on my own. I knew deep down my entire life I had been struggling what made me think I could do it on my own. I had the surgery and I am so happy I did. No regrets. We all go through what you are going through.
Best of luck
Gina

1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

Maggie71
on 7/2/11 1:41 am - MI
Thanks so much.  It just feels so good to know your not alone.
momokc
on 7/2/11 1:56 am
 I actually put my date for surgery off a month so I could make sure it was what I wanted to do! I do not regret a minute of having it done.  I have lost 41lbs in 3 months but for my age (62), I am very happy with the loss.  Like others have said, I have lost weight so many times in my life only to gain it back.  I saw a pictures of the portion of my stomach that was removed...it was HUGE maybe about the size of a 12oz steak!  People in my office are going to Weigh****chers and are losing good and looking good however I did that and always gained the weight back so time will tell if they stick to the lifestyle they are doing now.  With the surgery, I know I won't gain my weight back as I have a much smaller stomach and it won't stretch more than 10-15% of what it is now.  Before surgery, the fat cells got smaller however the stomach never really got smaller like with the VSG surgery.  There will always be people who try to talk you out of this surgery because most of them know people who had the other surgeries which have alot of complications and weight regain associated with them. 
If you need a little more time, take it however I am sure you will decide this is the best thing for your life.  No malabsorption, no weight regain, just smaller meals and snacks and a healthier life! 
Best Wishes on your decision, 
Granny

Maggie71
on 7/2/11 2:19 am - MI
Thanks so much... You are right about the sleeve and all that it offers.  I have done my reading, research have a great surgeon picked out.... I only hope I can do as well as you and others on this board.

I could of had it on June 29th so I am thinking ..July 13th is my lucky day!

Thanks again.
roundater
on 7/2/11 2:05 am - Lincoln, NE
If it goes like mine you have nothing to be nervous about. Had minimal pain no complications pain gone in two days 22 days out and feel great and released to preop activity. Don't worry about the naysayers - they know not what they speak.
Rich Sonderegger

Maggie71
on 7/2/11 2:17 am - MI
Thanks ...Just what I needed to hear.  Congrats to you for such a smooth surgery.  I surely hope mine is as well.
roundater
on 7/2/11 2:23 am - Lincoln, NE
You're welcome. Keep me posted how it goes and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

thethinme
on 7/2/11 7:01 am - NY
 I felt exactly the same. I was scared / undecided myself plus I had family criticizing and scarrying me as well. I will just say this: look at what I just posted in my profile:

5 months out:

- ac1 (pre-diabetic) levels plummeted back to "normal";
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is GONE;
- lost 63 pounds, 15 to go;
- went from size 16 (on the verge of 18 and a few plus sizes) to a lose size 11 and S shirts and dresses;
- I can walk for hours in the street doing errands and window shop without getting tired as before;
- I am not invisible to men and I am getting a LOT of attention;
- dropped shoe sizes, my old shoes keep falling;
- people are nicer on the street (I know, cruel world);
- I feel I gained my life / my face back.

now, it is ME who had to deal with these things, not my family. think about you first and what is good for YOU. it is you who has to live in your body.

good luck ;)

SW 215=98 | GW 137=62 | CW: 116 lbs = 52.5 kg | 5'4 | lost: 99 lbs=45 kg | goal: 7-9 mo.

Maggie71
on 7/2/11 7:52 am - MI
Thanks so much.  You are sooooo right.  It is me that has to go through all the looks, etc.
I am so excited about getting my life back.  You have done wonderfully.  Congrats on all your acccomplishments.  I know it isn't easy.  Thanks again.  I sure needed to hear it.
veranda
on 7/2/11 10:13 am
Maggie- I felt this same way. People told me the same things. But I came to the conclusion that I had tried everything in my power to become healthy and it wasn't working. VSG changed my life. I am mentall healthier and therefore, I am able to parent my children better. You have to take care of yourseld before your son. But you can lead by example. I was very scared about surgery. However, I realized I was more scared of staying the same. I did not want to be paralized by my weight anymore. You can do this.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views