Sleeved on 6/30!

Jessica Houston
on 7/2/11 11:23 am - Wichita, KS
Just came home today from the hospital, wasn't having much pain in the hopital but since I came home I am hurting pretty bad.  I am also running a low grade temp (100.1) but I am continuing to do my Incentive Spirometer to help keep my lungs heathly and I am walking at least 10 min out of every hour.  I think maybe I need to cut back a littel on the walking... what do you all think?

Also my JP drain was removed this morning... That was the strangest sensation I have ever felt.  Not really painful but strange!  I am so ready for a shower, but don't want to get anything in the hole where my drain was.

Oh well Just wanted everyone to know I am doing well!  off to make a few laps up & down the hallway and then take some meds, Hopefully I will sleep better now that I am at home!

HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

lucy2e
on 7/2/11 11:32 am - Laurel, MD
Welcome home and to the losers bench!  If 10 min. every hour is taxing you too much, just cut back a little until you are more ready - but do keep walking.  Watch that fever and call if it starts getting out of control!  For the shower, just cover the hole with a gauze pad and put on a fresh one after the shower.

Remember - sip, walk (you got that one down), REST, repeat!  Happy healing!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Ann G.
on 7/2/11 11:36 am
Jessica, 

I was so glad to read your post. I just recieved my surgery date. Several of the other posts were frightening. I look forward to reading about your progress while I prepare for my surgery!!

Ann
God bless,
Ann 

Crissy327
on 7/2/11 11:43 am - NC
I am having kind of a rough time too.

Drinking really hurts.

Any advice!
On my way!!!!!!

Crissy    
peachynptc
on 7/2/11 12:37 pm - Fayetteville, GA
On July 2, 2011 at 6:43 PM Pacific Time, Crissy327 wrote:
I am having kind of a rough time too.

Drinking really hurts.

Any advice!
Were you recently sleeved? Try a sippy cup

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

roundater
on 7/2/11 1:57 pm - Lincoln, NE
I would try to keep active as much as you feel comfortable with. It helped what little pain I had go away. Sorry you are having the fever. If it persists let your doc know. Hope the rest of your recovery is a good one and let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

lanunes
on 7/2/11 2:30 pm - CA
 Does your doctor know about the fever? IF not, I would contact him at once and let him make the decision if it is safe to wait. Better to be safe the sorry. Congrats on your surgery =)
      Leslie Nunes              
Jessica Houston
on 7/2/11 3:44 pm - Wichita, KS
I did contact the Dr even though my temp (100.9) was just below the call parameters of 101. He had me check my pulse and count my respirations. Since everything else looks ok he told me to just continue to watch it and notify him again if my temp gets higher or if any other problems arise!

And to the poster about difficulty swallowing, I am not having any problems with that!
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views