Just realized I past half way to goal at 3 months

Jasonm11
on 7/2/11 8:24 am
I just realized while going over my weight charts that I slipped past half way to goal at about 3 months and 2 weeks.  Thats an awesome feeling and realization.

Anyone who is up in the air about the benefits of this surgery, trust me, when you are down a signifigant amount of weight, any pain and suffering you went through to get just this far seems like a distant memory.  For those who just had surgery, it does get better.  For those who have already made this a success and maintain it so well, thanks for all the advice, even if you didn't know you were giving it to me.

My heighest weight I ever saw on a scale was 375 in February of this year.  I am today 275.  That 100 pounds makes so much difference.  I can't even begin to explain the change in my lifestyle.  My mood is signifigantly better.  I'm active, enjoy running and playing sports that I could only sit back and watch before.  I'm able to be outside in this 103 degree weather without soaking my shirt in sweat.  And the one thing I enjoy the most now; wearing t-shirts.  All of you men who were my size know how bad it felt in a tshirt showing all your rolls and man-boobs.  Now, even with some skin folds and mini man-boobs, I sport t-shirts all the time.  I even wear them to work.  It has been such a worth while ride. 

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
roundater
on 7/2/11 8:28 am - Lincoln, NE
Well said, way to go!! Hope to be joining you soon.
Rich Sonderegger

masrawy79
on 7/2/11 8:44 am - CA
man good bless you for giving me hope i am the same weight 375 and i got sleeved last week 06/28/2011, and i was thinking i will be loosing that 100 lb in at least 8 month to 1 year
thank you for giving me some hope
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/11 9:10 am
 Way to be!
sleevegirl
on 7/2/11 10:45 am - Austin, TX
You and I had the same highest weight Let's hope I can hit 100 pounds lost at three freaking months! That crazy! Congrats, that must feel SO GOOD. I'm a girl and I know "they" say we lose slower, but "they" can kiss my grits

Way to rock it, so happy for you. And YES, I hear you on the t-shirts. Even girls hate them

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Jasonm11
on 7/2/11 2:04 pm
We've got basically the same weight loss track with starting weight and end goal so maybe you'll ride aong the same line as me.  It does feel great to have so much weight off....

It was weird how it never seemed drastically noticeable to me until recently.  I definatly could tell but overall in my mind i was still a fat person(I guess I still am since I'm still technically obese).  I really think what made me begin to see that I had really lost a signifigant amount was when I started running and trianing for a 5k.  The last time I tried running, last October, I was playing softball and my knees buckled under me and I went tumbling....the friends I played with wouldn't let me play outfield because they knew I wouldn't be able to do so.  Now, I was aksed to play outfield lol....and I actually want to lol...love the running now....

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
sleevegirl
on 7/2/11 2:14 pm - Austin, TX
I can't wait to run again. You are doing amazingly well. SO happy for you. Keep up the great work... Awesome!

And yes, I think the whole thing is partially a head game. Hang in there... you're rockin' it!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 439 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views