Almost guilt free Peanut butter pie

mimikay
on 7/14/11 6:50 am
I may try it with cream cheese, choc protein powder & PB2. Just need something extra for creaminess. I would also make it without the graham crackers. The fat free Cool-whip actually has less carbs than sugar free. Don't understand why!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 6:59 am - Woodbridge, VA
If I were to make this, I would make the following substitutions:

- real butter instead of any kind of margarine
- whole milk, 1/2 and 1/2, or, best yet, heavy whipping cream instead of low fat milk
- real whipped cream (preferably "no sugar added" but still full fat) instead of Cool Whip

I'm thinking you could also do a crust of ground nuts (I've heard pecans work well) instead of graham crackers. I would also experiment with maybe using real cocoa powder and some sweetener and maybe some unflavored gelatin instead of the pudding mix, but that would be if I wanted to spend more time experimenting. Ooh, or chocolate protein powder and gelatin (I'm assuming it needs the pudding/gelatin to hold it together).
sublimate
on 7/14/11 7:05 am - San Jose, CA
On July 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM Pacific Time, jillybean720 wrote:
If I were to make this, I would make the following substitutions:

- real butter instead of any kind of margarine
- whole milk, 1/2 and 1/2, or, best yet, heavy whipping cream instead of low fat milk
- real whipped cream (preferably "no sugar added" but still full fat) instead of Cool Whip

I'm thinking you could also do a crust of ground nuts (I've heard pecans work well) instead of graham crackers. I would also experiment with maybe using real cocoa powder and some sweetener and maybe some unflavored gelatin instead of the pudding mix, but that would be if I wanted to spend more time experimenting. Ooh, or chocolate protein powder and gelatin (I'm assuming it needs the pudding/gelatin to hold it together).
Yes... good ideas for substitutions!

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

doggz109
on 7/14/11 9:19 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Yep those are great subs.  Especially the nut crust.....not too hard to make either.
roundater
on 7/14/11 8:56 am - Lincoln, NE
Yummylicious!! Thanks for sharing.
Rich Sonderegger

CatherineTEACH
on 7/14/11 11:35 am - TX
Wow!  Can't wait to try that! 
  GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
rdd9348
on 7/14/11 4:16 pm - OR
I try to stay away from anything with that low a calorie to protein ratio (though it seems suprisingly low carb).   Also, I'm too lazy to make anything that involves more than two ingredients, BUT IT LOOKS REALLY GOOD!  Please send me a piece!
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 424 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 444 views