Almost guilt free Peanut butter pie

Megdrassil
on 7/14/11 2:31 am - MI
I saw this on myfitness pal and fell in love.  I'm going to make them and throw them in my freezer for days when I need a little pick me up.  I bet I could fold in my non flavored protein powder too!!

Ingredients

9 reduced fat graham cracker squares, crushed finely
2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
1 cup 1% milk OR unsweetened soy milk
½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 (1.4 ounce) package sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
2 cups light or fat-free Cool Whip
Additional Cool Whip or Redi-Whip for serving

How to make it

Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine.
Press crumb mixture into bottom of lined muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon of crumbs per muffin cup).
Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes; remove pan from oven and cool completely before filling.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and milk together on low speed.
Add the pudding mix and beat for 1 minute.
Fold in the Cool Whip; spoon mixture into the muffin cups.
Freeze for several hours or overnight.
To serve, remove fluffs from freezer, peel off liner and let stand at room temperature to soften slightly, about 5 minutes, and top with a tablespoon of Light or Fat Free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip.

NOTE: For a change in flavor, use vanilla pudding in place of the chocolate pudding -

Originated from User Krumkake on www.grouprecipes.com

"These make a handy snack in the freezer, and you'll never know you're eating something "light" in calories and fat. I can almost make myself believe I'm eating something good for me while still enjoying my indulgence in sweets."

Edited by polar5554 on Fri 05/13/11 10:44 AM

ashwarren
on 7/14/11 2:38 am
This looks GREAT!!
  HW: 240 SW: 227       
Ms Shell
on 7/14/11 2:44 am - Hawthorne, CA
I think you could definitely add some vanilla protein if you use vanilla or some chocolate protein (I usually don't have plain).  Thanks for the recipe I've been looking for something sweet but low carb...now to figure out who will just give me 1/2 cup of peanut butter...I can't have a whole jar, lol.

MS Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Kristy R.
on 7/14/11 3:37 am - Santa Clara, CA
 wonder if it would work with PB2?  I put the non-flavored protein powder in cakes all the time, finally something I can't taste it in, LOL.  Not that a little fat hurts (re: the PB) - I was just curious.  Probably would jack up the texture I am thinking...thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

sublimate
on 7/14/11 3:39 am - San Jose, CA

I hope you don't mind me saying but I totally would not consider this a good choice at all, particularly if you are trying do low carb or even looking for something "healthier".  My comments on the ingredients:

graham cracker squares: these are made from flour and sugar and not low carb
reduced-fat margarine: This is not a healthy fat.. this is a transfat and a terrible fat choice
unsweetened soy milk: soy milk makes your body produce estrogen which can increase your risks for obesity and cancer (some articles on why soy is a bad choice)
creamy peanut butter: high in fat and not the best fat- better choice would be olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, animal fats, etc.

sugar-free chocolate pudding mix: despite not having sugar in them, these are full of additives and starchy carbs
light or fat-free Cool Whip: still plenty of sugar in this and I'd be getting sugar free, not fat free.

Sorry if this seems like I am criticizing or anything and I promise that is not my intention. I just wanted to give you my take on this recipe as a nutritionist in case it helps so that you might be able to make a more informed decision.  Hope this helps... 

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 5:21 am
 Sublimate, Do you have any suggestions for healthy low carb treats? I'm a newbie but I'm looking for recipes for the days to come when I may want something that feels decadent. I would have thought that this would be OK if you only one but maybe not. What do you suggest? Thanks1
sublimate
on 7/14/11 7:01 am - San Jose, CA
On July 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM Pacific Time, Rainydayz wrote:
 Sublimate, Do you have any suggestions for healthy low carb treats? I'm a newbie but I'm looking for recipes for the days to come when I may want something that feels decadent. I would have thought that this would be OK if you only one but maybe not. What do you suggest? Thanks1

Yes, if you look on my profile I have a recipe for Almond flavored protein pudding.. very good for a treat.  But I know how to make all sorts of other things from low carb healthier donuts to sugar-free cheesecake.  Feel free to drop me a PM and tell me what kind of desserts you like, and I'll send you a recipe!

3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

jengo1971
on 7/14/11 7:17 am, edited 7/14/11 7:18 am
I completely agree with everything sublimate expressed in her reply.  That particular recipe sounds good but definitely has many inferior ingredients as explained above. 
Most of us need to go low carb/grains/sugars in order to lose.  Just my 2centz........Jennifer

edit to add:  meant to reply under Megdrassil

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Megdrassil
on 7/14/11 6:49 am - MI
 Depriving yourself of absolutely everything leaves big room for error... I feel

and my nut does not have me on low carb.. so i guess if ya wanna be all atkin's-y then don't make it :)  i however, and told to eat chic peas, and crackers with hummus and peanut butter.  

EVeryone is different.. i for one would like a little treat during this stressful time of adjusting to my new sleeve.

sublimate
on 7/14/11 7:02 am - San Jose, CA
On July 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM Pacific Time, Megdrassil wrote:
 Depriving yourself of absolutely everything leaves big room for error... I feel

and my nut does not have me on low carb.. so i guess if ya wanna be all atkin's-y then don't make it :)  i however, and told to eat chic peas, and crackers with hummus and peanut butter.  

EVeryone is different.. i for one would like a little treat during this stressful time of adjusting to my new sleeve.

Sorry if you didn't want the advice.. just thought I'd see if I could try to help.  As a nutritionist myself I'll just have to disagree with yours silently. :)  Good luck and I hope you find success with that plan.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 58 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 234 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views