hpylori ( stoamch lining virus)

Tipsynoodle
on 7/14/11 1:37 pm, edited 7/14/11 1:38 am - Kempner, TX
As some of u know, my blood test came back positive for the hpylori virus......i was put on meds for it 7 days ago.....
Last night i had a seizure and my husband called the ambulance to rush me into the hospital.......I have never had a seizure before....scary stuff......i ended up in icu and got moved to a regular room today......one of my doctors thinks the meds im taking for the hpylori did it.....now i must stop taking them......my sleeve was scheduled for the 26th july but may have to re reschuled....im bummed......another night in hospital......and the doc said i cant drive 6 months now....state law for seizures.........im a mess

percheron
on 7/14/11 1:45 pm
So sorry you are going through all of this.  I am on meds right now for the same thing.  They did a scope and biopsied three sores on my stomach wall.  It came back for the H Pylori bacteria.  I am suppose to be on them for two weeks and then go back and do a breath test 2 weeks after that.  The doctor felt I had eaten contaminated food some time ago by the size of the sores.  I didn't even know anything was wrong.  My prayers are sure with you and hope that they can get this cleared up and let you move on to surgery.  Take care. 

MenagerieNik
on 7/14/11 2:11 pm
 I'm so sorry to hear you're stuck in the hospital. I just got out myself(pancreatitis), so I know firsthand how it sucks. You might want to check into the law about seizures. If it is caused by an allergic reaction to meds, I would think you could get a waiver of the driving restriction.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the meds got rid of the hyplori and you can proceed to your sleeve on the 26th. And I hope you're out of the hospital soon!!!

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
colelea613
on 7/14/11 2:15 pm - LA
I am on the same meds, too.  I had a reaction to Biaxin.  I  had a bumpy rash on my arms. 

I have 8 days left of the meds...how long had you been on them before to had the seizure?

Good luck to you.  Crossing my fingers and toes that your surgery can happen on the 26th!!
    Cole

Tipsynoodle
on 7/14/11 10:51 pm - Kempner, TX
 Im on day 7, but i have to stop taking them now..........

roundater
on 7/14/11 2:16 pm - Lincoln, NE
Hugs and prayers for you. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Heres to a successful recovery so you can continue your journey.
Rich Sonderegger

New_me2011
on 7/14/11 2:32 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 So sorry to hear about your illness. My prayers are with you to be seizure free, able to drive, healthy, and able to continue on your weight loss journey as planned.

Michele            

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views