on my way...

Paige V.
on 7/15/11 10:57 am - Gainesville, FL
So I met with the surgeon today. I like him much better and loved the office staff...

The surgeon said that looking at my patient history without knowing anything about me that he would have without doubt recommended the sleeve to me, and that I have made an excellent decision. He said the lap band, is in his opinion, on its way out..that the results are just not great and it is causing too many problems. He said that since I am young and for the most part healthy, with no metobolic issues...the sleeve is perfect for me. He also said it is totally possibly for me to be 180 this time next year (100lb loss) Im stoked.

I need two other doctors notes (a misunderstanding on my part) and I have to get those- so it should be next week that my stuff is submitted to insurance. They said to expect about 2 weeks for the approval (and they feel like I should get approval-no probs) and then it is a short wait (like less than a MONTH) from there. =) 

So, I am totally on my way, and I love it! 
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/11 11:12 am
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome news!!!!!   I'm meeting with my surgeon this Tues. We shall see how it goes.  Met the patient coordinator/insurance lady Susan at the seminar. She seemed nice, and Dr. J was nice as well.  If all else fails I'll be giving more business to your surgeon!   I am really happy for you , and that things are moving so smoothly for you!
colelea613
on 7/15/11 11:17 am - LA
Isn't it nice when you met someone who agrees with you....

You go girl....
    Cole

New_me2011
on 7/15/11 11:23 am - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Congratulations!!! I don't know your age, but when I met with my surgeon he said almost exactly the same thing and for the same reasons Since we are in 2 different states with two different surgeons this just validates my decision. Good luck and much success to you on your journey!!!! 
Paige V.
on 7/15/11 11:50 am - Gainesville, FL
I'm 29, which doesn't feel young but in the grand scheme of things...
roundater
on 7/15/11 4:03 pm - Lincoln, NE
Great start. Hope your surgery and journey are as smooth and positive as mine. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Rich Sonderegger

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views