Week 1 Post-op

perfectlayde
on 7/17/11 11:30 pm
I have officially been sleeved 1 week today and I have lost a total of 25.4 lbs (12.2 lbs lost during 2 week pre-op diet).  I am loving my progress so far even though I haven't started eating anything yet.  I've been on full liquids since my surgery.  I'm a little nervous to start eating soft foods to see how my weight loss progresses.  I haven't really felt restriction yet for the fact that all I'm doing is drinking.

I'm still in a little pain, really just slight discomfort, on the left side of my stomach, but hope that the pain continues to go away.  I'm loving this process...I'm just going to take it one day at a time and enjoy my journey!
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
SaminCT
on 7/18/11 12:03 am
I'll be one week post tomorrow. Same here, pain/discomfort on the left. And getting the liquids down is getting better. I see the surgeon again next Thursday when I'll be weighed in. I lost 18 pounds post op but gained 12 in the hospital. They said not to panic - it was all the fluids they pumped in me. I'm anxious to see how I do next Thursday when I get weighed in.

I don't own a scale so my doctor's appts and clothes will be my guide for a while. My first mini goal is to get into this size 22 suit in the closet! I hope I get into it by the end of summer. (I was a 26 pre-surgery.)
Cristina S.
on 7/18/11 12:45 am - New Britain, CT
Do you feel less hungry yet?

perfectlayde
on 7/18/11 2:05 am
I am hardly ever hungry at all which is really wierd.  Although I'm only on liquids right now, I am not hungry at all...and I'm not even drinking a whole lot of liquids.
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
Leslie P.
on 7/18/11 3:57 am - OH
Congrats! I will be one week out tomorrow. Besides the pain under my rib cage, I am doing ok. I think that is more from the henia repair though. I am not hungry at all and also am not drink that many fluids. I average about 48oz/day.

Most Active