Was I really that fat? (NSV and pics)

No More Spanx
on 7/21/11 5:20 am - Rock Island, IL
Sooo...I just got a new phone that you can reverse the camera and take a pic of yourself.  I was playing with it and took a pic of my face.  Out of curiosity I opened one of my old photos, which, at the time,  looked pretty dang good (or so I thought).   Well, I about sh** when I saw how bloated and fat my face looks compared to now.  I really didn't think I would notice any change but I was floored.  OHHH, and what's that?  Collarbones?

Dang.

Ann
HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

MELMEL308
on 7/21/11 5:23 am - PA
WOW!!!  You look amazing!  I lvoe collarbones too!!!

Keep up the great work!
                            ~Melanie~
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a beautiful butterfly"                                       
No More Spanx
on 7/21/11 5:37 am - Rock Island, IL
Thanks Melanie! 

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/21/11 5:32 am

Yep that was you then, and this is you now. It's a pretty big change in a short period of time. Congrats. That's why taking pictures are so important.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Maryatt50
on 7/21/11 5:45 am
 You are beautiful in both pictures - BUT looking really hot in 2 one.  Good Job!!! Good luck in future.
wert
on 7/21/11 5:46 am - MN
 WOW! Big change. Wait for a couple more months. You won't look like the same person. Good for you.

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 5:47 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Awww girlie.. be sweet!  The you that was was beautiful and smart and funny, same as the you you are now.. people who love you see you with their hearts, not their eyes.

Try and see the you that you were with your heart.  She did the best she could with what she had.

But now I am going to say - TAKE A BUNCHA PICTURES!!  In outfits, out of outfits - and do that monthly, in the same outfits and same out of outfits.  You can see sometimes how differently clothes hang on you and if the scale has not moved and if you are not measuring youself (which I firmly support you in doing!!) then that's a good way to see change.

ITs good to see your beautiful face!  Your beauty then face and your beauty now face!
No More Spanx
on 7/21/11 6:09 am - Rock Island, IL
You know, I remember what I was doing in that picture.  I was at a super cool bar with my very best friends.  There was an equally cool band that had just finished playing.  My friends spent the entire evening dancing.  Picture this: a bunch of 45+ year old women jumpin up and down, body slamming..(oh yeah I said body slamming) and having the best time regardless of the fact that it was a younger crowd.  OK there may have been some boozing.  Except me.  I felt way too self-conscious.  I missed out that night.  Just like I was missing out on umteen other things in my life because I felt fat, unhappy and a failure. A big pity pot of self-hatred is what I fed myself, along with 2 Big Macs and a large fry with a coke in the privacy of my car.

I guess I just have to remember in that picture was also the same chick that secretly jumped on a plane to San Antonio by herself, crossed the border and put her body and her life into the hands of a man who she only knew from YouTube.  THANK GOD!

Thanks B...you are always there to remind us to be kind to ourselves.

Ann

Kim_M
on 7/21/11 6:17 am - LaPorte, TX
Are you sure that was your car???I was doing the same in mine thinking these Big Mac sure have gotten small.I am discovering we aren't dead yet< laughing> get to body slamming my girl have a redo 

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 6:18 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
I had plenty o pots of pity stew.  BLurg.  No more!

And I only remember to remind people to be sweet because I default to *shudder/cringe* when I look back at pictures.  But mostly, in those kind of pictures (like yours) I am a monster sweatball because I have felt like an outsider and a freak for so long that I was going to have myself some fun - and folks were going to talk if they were and I was going to shake my big ol bootay if I damn well pleased!

But I really WAS doing the best I could with what I had.  Sometimes our best is not what anyone, especially not us, would want for us.

Hooray for new days and something completely different!

MUUWAH!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views