I think I hurt myself

sandycnv
on 7/25/11 4:08 pm - Clayton, CA

I have seen other people talk about my problem but I can't remember what was said and I don't have enought to search.

I went to get into bed tonight and I twisted.  I felt a rubberband pull feeling in my left side.  It feels like it goes all the way to my back.  I also feel like I went back to the begining with pain.  I can't sit, laydown or bend.  

Any ideas?  Obviously I will call my surgeon in the morning. 

Sandy

Oh, I am three weeks out.

LittleMissSunshine
on 7/25/11 4:41 pm
It sounds a lot like how my incisions felt from the first through 4th weeks.... burning, stinging, tugging sensation when you move?  Hopefully it's just part of the healing process, but definitely talk to your surgeon about it.  I've heard some say a heating pad helps.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Laurie M.
on 7/25/11 10:06 pm - KS
I hope you are starting to feel better. If you can take your pain medication to avoid "wind-up" apply heating pad (if your not sweltering in the heat wave anyway!) and let us know what the doctor says. Sounds like you might have pulled a muscle? Depends on how "deep" the sensation goes. Keep us posted and sending healing prayers your way!

crazyduck
on 7/25/11 10:41 pm - Maurepas, LA
I am one of those ppl that with pain meds I get energy. So I am now6 days post0opt and felt a sharp pain in my lower left side, especially when I took a deep breath. I put on some very supportive undergarment, and I do not feel the pain, I think I just over did it yesterday. But I am not a Doctor, just sharing my experience. Call ur surgeon.
Think positive, and all ur hopes and dreams will follow!                   
g6cutie408
on 7/27/11 12:48 pm - San Jose, CA
If it hurts bad enough call the on call surgeon if you don't have the number you can call (650) 723-4000 and ask to speak to the on-call dr for dr Morton.  The on call drs helped me alot when I had questions after hours that is what they are paid the big bucks for.  Don't be afraid to us them.  Good luck & I hope you feel better soon. 

sandycnv
on 7/27/11 1:52 pm - Clayton, CA

Thank you all.  I feel a lot better.  I still have the pain in my back and lower ab area but it is not nearly as bad.  I called the surgeons office and they said I had pulled a muscle.  Makes sence to me.  I was just worried I had popped a seam or something.

Healing just fine.  Now if I could just eat food I would be a happy camper!  Haha...soon I guess.

Sandy