Alcohol

cancelsbronx
on 7/26/11 2:12 am - Stamford, CT
I am two weeks post op..  I had my band removed, then I was sleeved.  I was wondering how soon can I consume alcohol.  I am was invited to dinner and we usually have wine along with dinner.  I do not think the effects of anesthesia would still be in my system.  I am now on the puree part of my diet.  I am mindful of the calories and the carbs in beer.  Any suggestions?

Santos in Bronx, NY 

ruggie
on 7/26/11 2:20 am, edited 7/26/11 2:21 am - Sacramento, CA
I'm sure you're going to get all sorts of replies, but my surgeon's office said it was ok once I got to the semi-solids stage at 3 weeks.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 2:20 am - CA
 There is *no* way I would have alcohol two weeks out. If you think it's a possibility, ask your doc or RD.

Having said that, the thing I have noticed about alcohol (for me) is that when I do have a drink, my weight loss STOPS for days. Consistently. So be careful.

~Colleen
cancelsbronx
on 7/26/11 2:50 am - Stamford, CT
Thanks you:)

Jenny C.
on 7/26/11 2:21 am
Did your surgeon/nutritionist give you any guidelines?  My nut recommends waiting at least 2 months.  If you are having any trouble getting 64 oz of fluid in per day, I'd hold off as alcohol is dehydrating.  Good luck!

cancelsbronx
on 7/26/11 2:51 am - Stamford, CT
I was told to avoid alcohol and coffee and I beleive its because it can dehydrate you..

Thanks,

Santos

julyxo84
on 7/26/11 2:36 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 Way too soon to be drinking.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

cancelsbronx
on 7/26/11 6:38 am - Stamford, CT

tristak
on 7/26/11 2:37 am
I personally waited 6 months before having wine.  I have never been much for alchohol...at about 8 months I had my first hard liquor...and it hit me quite hard and fast.

Stay away from beer - not just because of calories/sugar/etc - but the carbonation is a big no-no especially with you being only a few weeks out from surgery.

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

cancelsbronx
on 7/26/11 6:32 am - Stamford, CT

Most Active