EWWWW ISOPURE whey protein drinks!

amberblaiz
on 7/27/11 5:19 am, edited 7/27/11 5:20 am - renton, WA
Ohhhh man! I just opened up a nice cold bottle of Isopure clear whey protein, man oh man is this crap gross!
Like honestly the worst thing i`ve tasted in a long time.
I have like a million bottles of this stuff so I need to drink it, but does anyone have any ideas on how to make it taste better?

Maybe some lemon juice or something to mask the flavor? I got 2 variety packs so its allllll the different flavors.

Help please =]

Btw, lost ten pounds since surgery. This was my first realization that this is all actually happening!
NewDawn50
on 7/27/11 5:24 am
Yay on your loss.  And yes,  on the Isopure.  Its just God-awful.  Maybe Waffle King will tell you what happens when you spill some in your car, lolol!!!

amberblaiz
on 7/27/11 5:31 am - renton, WA
 Ohh jeez i`m guessing its not good, i`m more worried about my carpet right now, i`m not doing much driving haha.
Do you know any good proteins? I still need to buy more and hope to not buy more gross stuff.
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 6:13 am - CA
Yes, please do NOT spill any in your car. It will smell like a hooker died in your trunk forever! I don't even know how I was able to choke down those horrible drinks for a month...
NewDawn50
on 7/27/11 5:40 am
It depends on what your preference is.  I did not happen to like fruit based protein drinks.  Actually, until recently I could not tolerate protein shakes at all, but someone here gave a recipe that started making them more palatable for me.

I use Premiere Protein Premade Chocolate Shakes from Costco.  I put one container in the blender with about 1/2 cup of ice, a tbsp. of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tbsp. of sugar free chocolate jello instant pudding. (Can you tell I like chocolate?) You can do yours to taste.  I like mine a little on the thick side.  It tastes pretty good, but takes me 30 minutes to drink.

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/11 5:50 am
 Send it to me PLEASE :).

I like the green, grape, and orange ones, can tolerate the red, despise the blue.  I drink mine cold and on ice.  Fast.  I wouldn't drink it for the flavor, but have had worse.  All depends on your tastebuds I guess
NewDawn50
on 7/27/11 6:33 am
OMG, Waffle...I'm literally crying...LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

P_B
on 7/27/11 6:43 am - Norfolk, VA
I love the stuff, I water it down a little and pour it over ice

Crssybear
on 7/27/11 6:52 am - TX
I heard someone on here say they would add gatorade g2 or crystal light to it and it made it taste better.  I haven't tried it myself but worth a shot.

5'1"  28
HW:247 SW:235 GW:125
ruggie
on 7/27/11 7:00 am - Sacramento, CA
Isopure is that bad!?  I was just about to buy a whole bunch of the stuff; rats.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views