sleeved on 7/25 - - what are all of the noises I am hearing????

H_kd27
on 7/28/11 7:50 am - DC
VSG on 07/25/11 with
Good Day OH!!!
I had surgery on Monday and since then, I keep hearing and feeling rumbling, growling , and weird sounds from my belly....I can feel them sometimes as well.  can someone provide some insight on this?  Is this normal?  What causes it?

Valerie K.
on 7/28/11 7:54 am - Dearborn, MI
 I had the same thing my husband could here mine from across the room. It is normal. At least I was told it was normal. I still here mine some times I think it is because it is small and the juices have less space to move not sure. My doctor told me it was fine. 
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

linda B.
on 7/28/11 7:55 am - lone oak, TX
Very normal...I am 3 months out and I still hear the noises, especially right after I have eaten..acid reducers help some...good luck.

H_kd27
on 7/28/11 8:00 am - DC
VSG on 07/25/11 with
Thanks for your responses!!!  Just want to be aware of every little thing!! Need to be able to identify a problem right away!!! 

anewdayforme
on 7/28/11 8:06 am
Totally normal.  Some people have creative names for their new tummies.  I call mine "The Pride" because it sounds like a bunch of lions! 
Dawnie 88
on 7/28/11 8:21 am
totally normal..mine still does it while eating or drinking..at 15 mths postop

wert
on 7/28/11 10:12 am - MN
It's the aliens they put in there when the take out your stomach. They don't like it in there very much - too dark. What you hear is them complaining and wanting out. It can take a long time for them to get used to it in there so be prepared for noises and rumbling and grumbling for a while. Mine are throwing a fit at this very moment. Just ignore them.   

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

sleevegirl
on 7/28/11 10:50 am - Austin, TX
I always say my sleeve is singing. It was REALLY loud before, now it's quieter at 5 weeks out. The kids and husband and I had a fun time with it at first. LOL

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views