Home and Sleeved

Tiffany B.
on 8/3/11 1:12 am - Scottsburg, IN
I was sleeved on Monday, got home from the hospital around 3 yesterday. Took a long time for me to wake up after surgery. But not doing to bad. I also had an allergic reaction to one of the medications. My face and chest were so bright red I looked like I had been left out in the sun for hours to burn. Took some Benedryl and feeling and looking a little better.

I have been getting about 4 ozs. of liquid an hour. Any suggestions on how to get more, or is this pretty good for just being sleeved?
Jan G.
on 8/3/11 1:53 am - WI
YEAH..glad your surgery went well. What were you "allergic" to? I do not have suggestion for getting more liquids into you as I will be sleeved this Friday.

Hope you continue to heal and feel better each day.

YEAH AGAIN!! LOL

Warmly, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

MarissaJehan
on 8/3/11 2:12 am - Duluth, GA
I think as long you get the total recommended total fluid intake, you should be fine. I would focus on the total number rather than an hourly count.

Glad to hear that the Benadryl helped!

All of my weight was lost post-op.
Lisa J.
on 8/3/11 2:46 am - OK
CONGRATS!!

I would agree on don't worry about the hourly measure, just concentrate on water. This includes popsicles, ice chips, broth. Liquid is liquid.

I personally think most programs expect wayyyyy too much intake (protein and water) in the early stages. The most crucial is water--as much as you can possibly tolerate, and then drink MORE. Otherwise a trip to the ER for IV fluids will be in your future. 

We really get it in our heads that we need protein, and we DO, but trust me, for several days you can do without much but you NEED water.

Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
Tiffany B.
on 8/3/11 3:38 am - Scottsburg, IN
They think it was an allergic reaction to the on Q pump. I have been running a slight fever also. I have 26 ozs. in me know and am still drinking. I had to take a nap...lol. I have been drinking Isopure grape. It is a clear liquid and I am getting my protein in. I already have 40 grams of protein so I think I am doing pretty good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views