what not to wear?

AnastasiaBeaverhausn
on 7/31/11 7:19 am
Okay, don't laugh at me, but I have been curious about the Genie bra.  It seems to mold to whatever your cup size is since it is sold by shirt size.  I thought that it might get me through several sizes but I only saw the infomercial and I am leary of infomercials!

Bra sizing is pretty easy and discrete.  They take 2 measurements.  One under the girls and another around the center of the girls, if you get my drift.  The difference in those numbers is your cup size.  They can do it fully clothed - with you and the saleswoman fully clothed.
ohmeohmy
on 7/31/11 7:27 am
Nordstrom is known for having very well trained ladies that do fittings. Definitely don't go to Victoria's Secret for a fitting especially if you are well endowed. They try to fit you into what they sell whether it fits right or not.
My VSG Journey videos http://www.youtube.com/user/nanananner
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/ohmeohmy/uzone,blog/action,view/blog_id,321166/
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Elaine2
on 7/31/11 8:35 am - Atlanta, GA
I agree that you should get a great bra first. I would pick a "high end" store---Nordstroms,Saks or a specialty store (not VS) that carries a large variety of sizes. Get a fitting...it might require an appointment. Yes, for the best fitting, they do help you adjust. A little embarrassing but not bad...I was more embarrassed by the old bra I was wearing than the fitting. Once you get a good fit, buy a bra at the place you can best afford. Make sure you try it on before purchasing.

Wear your new bra dress shopping.......it will make all the difference!

PaulaS
on 7/31/11 9:18 am - TX
There is a great one in Houston, Top Drawer!  I highly recommend them.   I have followed them over the last 25 or so years from Highland Village to Voss and now to Uptown Park near the Galleria. 

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Judith K.
on 8/1/11 2:09 pm
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Is the name Top Drawer?  I'm coming to Houston in October for my sister's 65th birthday and I'll definitely have to check out that place.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

PaulaS
on 8/1/11 9:47 pm - TX
Yes, Top Drawer Lingerie~ here's the website for them
topdrawerlingerie.com

I have always had a great fit from them.  

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
readyforit1975
on 7/31/11 12:10 pm - MI
please do not spend over 100 dollars for a bra. lane bryant has a caquice store that has amazing bras. trained a bra fitters and everything.
ahleeeshah
on 8/1/11 4:01 am
It will really depend on your body shape, I think. For me, I've found one bra that holds the girls up, and that's it. I tried on 20+ at a regular store with all of them hanging low, and then went back to Lane Bryant and got the Luxury Lace Balconette. I have to order online, since I'm a 38F, but it's the only one that works for me!

Geritol
on 8/1/11 11:27 am
Ok, I guess since we have gone to the lingerie world.  Have you ladies found that you are wearing more "frisky" underwear as well?  I am still wearing what my husband refers to as "granny panties" but have gotten a notion to try some with a little more flair with my now more svelte body.
Judith K.
on 8/1/11 2:07 pm
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Oh yeah!  Get rid of the granny pants.  I actually have a gorgeous tan for the first time in 32 summers and I like strutting around the bedroom while getting ready for bed in my oh so pretty bras and panties!
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views