what not to wear?

Geritol
on 7/31/11 6:37 am
I have lost a lot of weight and I am having problems finding the smaller sized stuff that fits me well.  What have you other girl's experiences been with this?  I can't seem to find the right bra/dress combinations as the "girls" are not the same shape/fullness as before.

I feel like I need some help like this show, but know I would never get on it.

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/what-not-to-wear
Kristy R.
on 7/31/11 6:45 am - Santa Clara, CA
 The first thing I would suggest is a professional bra fitting if you have not done so.  Try that first and then see how things fit you.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

cabcab
on 7/31/11 6:52 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Congratulations on your weight loss!!

The biggest advice that I can give you is to go to a good lingerie shop that has a professional bra fitter.  It is not cheap.  My bra that I bought was $129 plus tax, but it's worth every penny.  They had some that were over $200!  The difference is amazing - look at the pictures on my profile.

I only got the one bra because I still have a lot to lose and I didn't want to spend more money on something that I was hoping wouldn't fit me for very long.  So I try to take very good care of the one I have.  The store where I bought it does free alterations for when it starts to get too big.  I also used to duck into bathrooms and private areas all the time to readjust the girls.  Now I go all day without fidgeting with them at all.  They stay in place.  And they are PERKY!!

As for clothes, I just have crop pants and knit tees.  I'm very casual and I only have one or two at a time that fit me.  So I just wear the same stuff over and over.  I haven't bought a dress yet.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Geritol
on 7/31/11 7:01 am
I have never had a bra fitting before.  I am somewhat concerned with the prospect of someone else besides my man  feeling me up.  How does it work?
redsnapper1975
on 7/31/11 7:32 am
It's been several years- I was a teenager I think- but I've had a custom fitting at a custom bra shop.  And, yes, she totally handled the girls and moved them into place!  You'll get over it.  :)
~ Kim

jennay80
on 7/31/11 1:20 pm - Elmore, OH
 Hahahaha I am with you on that one!  I haven't lost any weight, surgery is in September, but I know I wont be having a fitting lol

cabcab
on 8/1/11 1:36 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
The lady who did my bra fitting was really good.  She didn't even have to measure me, she just looked at me and started bringing in a bunch of bras and hanging them on the wall in the dressing room.  She would have me put the bra on from the front and she would hook it in the back.  She told me how to "arrange" them in the bra (I was doing it totally wrong before!)  She never touched my breasts.  Of course, different fitters might have different styles.

I feel women's breasts all the time in my job.  Believe me, it's very non-sexual!!  I can imagine it's the same way for a professional bra fitter. 

Judith K.
on 7/31/11 7:16 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Hey fellow Dr A patient!  I'm intrigued by this bra fitting.  Is it different than what they do @ Victoria's Secret?  I thought their bras were bad @ around $50.  Where does one find a "good lingerie shop"? 

Very interesting!
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

cabcab
on 8/1/11 1:43 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I would recommend googling "professional bra fitter Denver" (except put your city name instead of Denver).  And also try variations of it.  I remember years ago after I was in a car accident and my mouth was wired shut so I lost a lot of weight, my mom took me to a bra fitter.  That was in Houston.  I can imagine that most cities of any size would have a good place to go to.  I'm not sure what they do at Victoria's Secret.  I couldn't fit into most of their bras even when I was skinny.  I think there was one style that came in a large enough size for me.

Dr. Alvarez rocks!!  I'm hoping to go to the reunion next year.  Have you been to one?

Judith K.
on 8/1/11 2:03 pm
VSG on 05/15/10 with
I wanted to go to the reunion this year but I'm not a Vegas fan so opted to pay off my abdominoplasty and hope next year's is somewhere else.  I heard a rumor that he might have a reunion cruise.  Wouldn't that be awesome?  I really want to go to one.  Looks like a fun time.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views